Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Objectif-Mariage

How to load image progressively in slider ?

Objectif-Mariage

Hello , 

I want to a slider who could load image progressively (and so the page is load (and can works) before that all images are loaded).

Is there a function to activate in the DMS sliders (revslider or quickslider ) ?

Or should i use an other slideshow, and in this case , witch one is the better ? i have seen that is many (for ex  = http://webbies.dk/SudoSlider/ ). 

Thank's 

Alex

Danny

HI,

As far as I know this isn't possible in RevSlider or QuickSlider without editing the core files, which is something we do not recommend nor support. I have seen quite a few people recommend NovoSlider as it has this functionality, as too (I believe) does the Revolution Slider plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

No problem.

Objectif-Mariage

Hi , 

well i came back to share my experience about this pb. 

I have take NivoSlider pluging for wordpress, . install it (it's a little bit borring , you have to copy scripte lines, link css sheet ). (Just for thoses who want an easy responsive slideshows, i recommand NivoSlider Ligth : very simple) . . Use it ..and i worked well . By changing some texte , in the javascript to but in the header, i was abble to start the slide show before all image were loaded... But if for the client(visitor), the experience is good, for the laod speed of the page it wasn't, because the page was asking for all images in same time and then waited for all images. (even if the slideshow started ). 

So I wanted a slideshow who can load image asynchron. And I have found one version of this slideshow modified by a developpers who can load image 1 by one (and so the page is considered loaded after 1 ou 2 images) (and not 20). (for more information : http://www.webgalli.com/blog/beautiful-jquery-home-page-slideshow-with-translations/) .

But , New problem , with thise version, the slideshow is not responsive any more. It's work perfectly with a static slideshow , but you can not ask him to be 100% width ..... little bit sorry about that . 

I'have tried every thing with the .css, but didn't succeed... i thought i was going to kill a developer or jump trough the windows,  so i changed my mind , and look for an other slideshow ! 

I have  installed wunderslider gallery (http://wordpress.org/plugins/wunderslider-gallery/) . Easy installation. Easy to use . It 's almost responsive (almost, because when the screen became too small the slide show just.. bug ... ), but it load images one by one, in asynchrone way.

And, something i didn't like , it applies on the image , a kind of extremely fines stripes ... disgusting . 

SO, i decide to look to the "professional" tools, and i have chose one. Royal Slider. (i have also found slider revolution , and layerslider, which booth looks great, but in royalslider it was clear that what i wanted was here : lazy load images ! ). 

So i have by , install, and use Royal Slider and ..... it works perfectly !!!! 

i share this experience, because i have past my day on this problem (yes i 'm absolutely not a professional). Some things like slideshows seams easy at the first sight, but when it's little problem to fixe it could quickly become verry complicated !) . So if , like me you feel the same probleme and are not professionnal , and don't want to pass all the day trying to make work a fu***** slideder, it could be a could idea to spend few $ for somthing working ! (and i definitely don't have any money on Royal Slider Compagny :D ).

Alex

Danny

hehe Alex, thanks for sharing.