Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lucjaws

Using Starbars with Post MetaData

lucjaws    0
lucjaws

Hello,

First of all magnificent product. I am wondering how I can use the add-on section "StarBars" together with the metadata of a post.
My posts allow thumbs up/down ratings, and it stores the number of ratings in the post's metadata. I want the starbar added to the bottom of the post to show the number of up/down votes as a percentage. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, it that isn't possible, you can add the StarBar section to your posts and edit the value yourself, but it will not do it dynamically based on your thumbs up/down. In order to achieve this functionality, it would require customization of the section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi. 
      I'm using Loops section on search pages and using default query object.
      But i cant sort in descendent order. Doens't work.

Another thing. How i use meta query object ? Can i give me a example?
      Tks.
    • Dana
      By Dana+
      Hi DMS team,
      Please help out on how to add Post tags to the bottom of each post. Tried looking at the hooks tutorials but not sure what to do here.
      Thanks a lot.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
      Judith
    • JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      In a number of the post plug ins there is a meta key/meta value area. The text says: Select only posts which have a certain meta key and a corresponding meta value. Useful for similar or featured posts. 
      Excellent! But where does one enter a meta key and meta value? And why do you need both? 
      Searching thru Pagelines answers didn't help..brought up an explanation of the toolbars or an error code. Strange. 
      Thanks!!
    • kellid
      By kellid
      Hi! 
      Looking for some help with Masonic Gallery.  As it is now, the post title shows only when hovered over.  How can I have it where the title show over the image continuously while the image has either a lowered opacity or greyscale and as you hover over, the title's opacity changes while the background image resumes to full color?  Hope that makes sense.  Don't have any examples on hand but I could find one!  
      Thanks so much!