Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caspersjan

Shortcodes in TextBox - or other section?

caspersjan

Dear Pagelines team, I see the two-tier Forum is still in operation. I should be able to post in the paid-for Forum but won't get permission. Not to worry - in the past all my questions have been well looked after here, too. 

I am trying to insert two buttons in two columns. There is a shortcode for buttons in Pagelines, but where do I enter it? I tried a TextBox, but it reads and displays the shortcode as text. I could not find clear instructions in the Docs or Forums, though I'm sure it must be written down somewhere as it is an obvious question. The answer may well be obvious, too - I'd be grateful if you could point me in the right direction! Yours faithfully, Jan.

Danny

Hi Jan,

You can fix your posting privileges in your PageLines account - http://pagelines.com/my-account/

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact our helpdesk - hello at pagelines dot com

In regards to your question about buttons, the TextBox really is supposed to be used for text only. If you want to use shortcodes you should use the MediaBox HTML text area instead.

I have just this moment added two MediaBoxes both with a width of 6/12 and added the buttons shortcode. https://cloudup.com/coJaTZzX3t2

I have no such issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

caspersjan

Thank you Danny, MediaBox was the answer! It's working just as you said. Sometimes the obvious needs to be pointed out to the perplexed, thank you once again for your expertise and patience. As for forum access, this worked, too, and after entering my DMS code into Forum Account Details the bar has been lifted! 

Just one more question on buttons, if it is not awkward: Is it easy to change their size? I'd like them to stretch the entire width of the column. I'll happily spend more time education myself, but if you could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful.

Yours faithfully, Jan.

caspersjan

P.S.: I think I've figured it out: .btn-success lets me style the button in CSS. Happy days! I'll take it from there and work out the details. Thanks again, yours faithfully, Jan.

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Howdi
      Am following a couple of tutorials about making custom shortcodes and making them available in your site. They recommend to make a "my_custom_shortcode.php" file in wp-content folder so it survives Core wordpress and Theme updates. However, they then say to place a couple lines of code in the theme functions.php file. The one in pl-framework theme folder does not look like the best place to put that code and I can't see a shortcodes.php file in the theme.
      So where is the best place and way to add custom shortcodes to a Pl5 project?
      Thanks
      john erik
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi, even though I just got a SSL certificate, I can't get the green padlock to appear due to the following error:
      :A file with an insecure url of "http://yemoonyah.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-boxes/check.svg" was loaded via the javascript file: https://yemoonyah.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.12.4 on line 3. The insecure URL may not be directly contained in the script file and may exist elsewhere."
      I figured if I delete and re-install the plugin it might fix the problem but will my boxes on the website still be there? Or do I have to redesign everything all over again if I delete the plugin and then re-install it?
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Any chance you can add anchors to the tabs shortcode (similar to ultimate shortcode plugin)?
      Just annoying having to use that plugin rather than pagelines one

<h2>Tabs anchors</h2> [su_tabs] [su_tab title="Tab 1" anchor="First"] Tab 1 content [/su_tab] [su_tab title="Tab 2" anchor="Second"] Tab 2 content [/su_tab] [su_tab title="Tab 3" anchor="Third"] Tab 3 content [/su_tab] [/su_tabs] Use next links to switch this tabs <a href="#First">Open tab 1</a> | <a href="#Second">Open tab 2</a> | <a href="#Third">Open tab 3</a>  
    • Jason
      By Jason+
      Any solution to map section not rendering inside tab shortcode.
      (Map sits inside 3rd tab so map not visible on page load)
      Also this just seems to effect the map section. Map shortcode renders fine.
      I want to use the map section for finer control over markers and locations
      Renders fine if in first page.

Thanks
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      Hello,
      I need some help!  I am trying to add a Square booking script.  When I add it to a embed section it crashes the page editor and I am unable to save the page version.  I have tried using different browsers with the same result.
       I can add the script on the backend in the word press content area and get it to show and work, but it look terrible.  A page with in a page.  http://www.zoeanastacia.com/booking/.
      I need help getting the page editor to work properly or to make the wp content section to not look like an 90's iframe.
      Thanks