Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

at13

Page doesn't display correctly

Danny

Hi Robin,

What simple modification are you referring too ?

Also, you have a Cache plugin active please flush the cache and disable all plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

at13

Hi Danny,

Thank you for your response. I deactivated all the plugins, problem solved. Activated the plugins one by one and when i activate the W3 Cache plugin the problem is back again. So there is the problem.

I made this website a few weeks ago and it worked out good with all the plugins. My modifications are some changes in text and updates. I updated wordpress to the latest version and the same with the plugins. Every page was working normally, except the landing page (home)... There should be a way to fix this with the cache plugin activated...

Danny

You will probably want to flush your cache via the plugins options or make sure that it is configured correctly, you can do this by contacting your web host provider and ask them for assistance. As the cache plugin can not just be installed and activated, that it will work, it needs to be configured to suit your server configuration.

at13

I doubt that is the problem. It is certainly not with my provider, because i had installed the cache and it worked fine. Only after the updates (both wordpress and plugins) it was not working out anymore.. I'm also wondering why, when i activate the cache plugin, my home page doens't display normal, and the other pages are...

Danny

You can not simply install WP Super Cache or W3 Total Cache and expect them to work, all server configurations are different and vary from host to host. So these plugins need to be configured correctly or they can cause all kinds of stuff.

Now you're saying that this isn't the problem, because it was working fine before you performed updates and made simple modifications, well this is most likely the problem. When you perform any update such as a plugin, theme or WordPress itself, you really should disable your cache plugin before hand. The same goes for making any modification to your site.

So the issue is most definitely coming from your cache plugin, as DMS works just fine when it is not active. Therefore, you're going to need to flush your cache and then go to DMS Toolbar > Settings > Resets > Flush LESS and see if this resolves your issue.

at13

didn't disable cache before updating.. that caused most likely the problem.. I just followed this steps;

* flushed cache

* didn't work

* remove plugin

* flushed cache

* installed plugin

* problem was back again

* flushed cache again

* waited 15 min

* now the site is working fine and the plugin is active

Do not really know what the right solution was, but the most important the problem is solved!

For next modifications or updates I will deactivate the cache plugin..

Thanks Danny!

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?