Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gxpreg

Immediate Auto Logout from WP Dashboard

gxpreg

As soon as I log into the WordPress (WP) dashboard, I'm immediately logged out. I cannot make any changes or updates to the site, since I'm kicked off in 1-2 minutes after logging in.

Talked to my webhost and they cannot find anything wrong with the WP setup on their end, and suggested that it may be a theme issue.  No new plugins or updates were installed (that I'm aware of) between 5/16 and 5/18.  System worked fine to add a simple page on 5/16, and then started to log me out immediately starting on 5/18.

Running WP v.3.9 and DMS v.2.0.7.  Auto log out happens regardless of browser type since I initially thought it may have something to do with the version of Chrome I was using to edit. 

Simon

Sorry to report that DMS contain no code that would log you out of WordPress.

Have you checked the cookie domains are setup right in the WP config file?

Are you using SSL login/wp-admin?

gxpreg

Thanks for the quick reply, Simon.  Good to know there's no code in DMS that could affect this.  

I spoke with the hosting provider about it some more, and they could not replicate the issue on their end.  After cleaning my cache and uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome, I still had issues.  The reinstall of Chrome didn't start me off "fresh" and it was still holding on to a few things from the previous setup.  

Once I finally wiped Chrome entirely, and removed any stored passwords it may have had, I was actually able to get back into the site, make some changes, and have those changes replicate on the front end with no problems.  Seems the one and only time I clicked "remember me" on the WP admin panel caused all the trouble.  No one can seem to determine that anything else was awry, so for now, I'm operating under the assumption that it was something with Chrome.  For now, things are working so I can finally get back to business!

greenfly

Thank you for letting us know 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"