Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trevorcr

Post categories not showing up in primary sidebar

trevorcr    0
trevorcr

Hi,

After upgrading to Pagelines 2.4.5, post category listing no longer show up in primary sidebar.

Site: www.jaanc.org

Wordpress: 3.9.1

Plugins: [attachment=2195:Plugins ‹ Jamaican American Association of Northern California — WordPress.pdf]

Post category listing from wordpress dashboard shows 9 items but no category names: [attachment=2196:Post category dashboard.jpg]

Add new post dashboard shows a listing of all categories: [attachment=2197:Add New Post.jpg]

Any ideas much appreciated.

Regards,

-Trevor

trevorcr    0
trevorcr

Adding primary sidebar widgets: [attachment=2198:Primary Sidebar Widgets.jpg]

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Trevor,

Would it be possible for you to disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

trevorcr    0
trevorcr

I did one at a time but no change.

Danny    1,327
Danny

As far as I am concerned, this may be a WordPress related issue and not one caused by PageLines Framework. I would recommend posting this question on the WordPress support forums.

trevorcr    0
trevorcr

Thank you, it seems that way.  I'll feedback any response to the forum.

Regards.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Please let us know how you get on with this.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

trevorcr    0
trevorcr

Problem solved.  There was a MYSQL file in /tmp which could not be removed, #sql_33b_0.MYD.  It was a NULL file.  After deletion the category listing reappeared.  I have php code in hooks accessing the database for an online application portal.  One of those pages were reporing that teh before mentioned file in /tmp could not be deleted.  That was the lead I needed.  I have no idea if this is some kind of lock file or not.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

• Similar Content

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.