Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alisamski

Blog Thumbnails

alisamski

I cannot seem to change the thumbnail size on the blog page.. It does not take the thumb selected (stuck in landscape) in the editor area of the section.

I have tried several selections, it will change inside editor however no change after saved and refresh...

Here is a link to the development site. http://bit.ly/1n5rGxr

Please advise thanks.

greenfly

This again will be related to an issue in your Custom Code. Please try adding your code to the validator here http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input

Fixing the errors should resolve the problem. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

alisamski

Martin Davies

There is no css for thumbnails... this is in regards to DMS2 editor for the section... Please read.

greenfly

What i meant was when you removed the code that you said was in error - does the visual editor take the input? 

Also, could you enable debug. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

GetMeWebDesign

alisamski If there is any code in your custom LESS then the error can disrupt the loading of LESS/CSS. You need to put all your custom CSS through the validator, whether it is related to a thumbnail or not. One simple parse error can disrupt the loading of the core stylesheet, I believe, as it is loaded before core... Martin will correct me if I am wrong on this

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

greenfly

@getnewebdesign 

With regards the error in your CSS - definitely affect other functions of your site, updating, saving and adding new code. 

@alisamski 

If you can paste all your CSS here http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/

Then provide the paste i will try and replicate all your problems using your code for you :) 

greenfly

element.style {
    padding-bottom: 0;
    padding-top: 0;
}

The above won't do anything - please remove this - you are meant to replace the 'element.style' with the CSS selector from firebug. This is basically saying that firebug has found some inline style. Your code here does nothing. 

greenfly

HTML headers only work from H1 to H6 

h8 {

font-family: New Times Roman, serif;

font-weight:600;
     line-height: 1.5em;  

font-size: 36px;

}

If you do want to make a new Header rule called h8 and want to assign this to some text then use 

.h8

instead of 

h8

more information about this here http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_hn.asp

greenfly

I have edited your post and used the pastebin functionality as requested in my previous post. 

alisamski

Martin Davies

I have updated to 2.1 and everything is also updated...

Thumbnails still do not change.. they are stuck in landscape mode.

greenfly

Hi @alisamski 

Could we have you paste your current CSS to the pasetebin and provide a link please and we will check this further for you. 

greenfly

Can you just clarify for me - do you mean the featured image here http://screencast.com/t/kqLERsiCJt

alisamski

Yes... the section provides a number of thumbnail sizes...what you see there according to the html... is the landscape thumbnail...

I have it set to basic thumbnail.

although some of the pictures do not show as such... and since we will have no control over what the client puts as a feature image inside the blog posts.....

better to have a smaller thumbnail on that page...

Danny

Hi,

I have only just seen this topic and I am not entirely sure what your issue is. You can't use CSS to change the Feature Image from using a full size image to a thumbnail ? All CSS can do is resize the image you have on your post. So not sure why you think CSS can do this?

Also, I have just this moment added the first image on your blog to my test blog and the image looks like this - https://cloudup.com/c7_Fo70Ctr5 This is set to Basic Thumb.

So can you please tell me how you want this image to display please, as I am not sure what the problem is.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alisamski

Danny This section includes (from my understanding) a dropdown selection of sizes of the thumbnails for the blog page. I assume that these selections control the sizes of the thumbnails (feature blog images) to be shown on this page...

Is this not the case?

I am not looking to change the CSS on this page... I was looking to change the size of these feature thumbs to a smaller size ... not using the "landscape size" as shown...

GetMeWebDesign

Danny. Making changes to the Global Loop Settings has no effect on the size of the thumb displayed. I would expect to see, on inspection, styling class applied, dependant upon the "type" of thumbsize selected. There appears to be none evident

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny

Ah ok, I see the issue, you select any of the feature image sizes and nothing changes. I've reported this to our tracker.

Please search our forums, before posting!

alisamski

Danny Yes... Even though I like the landscape mode... I cannot control the picture size that the client uploads... so wanted them to appear a smaller thumb crop than the landscape mode.

Looking forward to a resolve.

Thanks

scientistsofmedia

I am experiencing the same issue. any updates on this topic?

alisamski

I'll give it a go! Thanks

Simon

2.1.1 has the fix, give it 5 mins and you can update ;)

alisamski

Simon_P

Worked great .... on a standard format post... *** fixing the file***  did not upgrade yet.

FYI

I had a post "gallery format " that I swapped out to standard format because the gallery on the "blog views" enlarged to the space... did not accept the feature image thumb for that type of format....

Talking specifically about the selection inside the editor that lets you pick what format of post it is...

You may want to check that out too...

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?