Where to Edit Mobile Theme and Menus

3 posts in this topic

The menus I have in my sidebars are showing up above the main content in mobile view. I cannot find where to edit mobile themes, where I'm assuming I can disable these sidebars in mobile view.

Where can I find this?

Website is www.chetson.com.

Hello @dchetson 

You can use CSS to disable some elements and not others in 'mobile view' or rather when your site is being displayed at different resolutions on different devices. There is no particular Mobile View per say. The Modern way is with Some CSS that controls how your site is displayed depending on Screen height/width. This is what is meant when PageLines DMS is described as responsive. 

You can add some specific code to your site using a technique that uses @media Queries. 

More information regarding Media Queries can be found here https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/CSS/Media_queries

Also, if you have the Pro Tools plugin installed and activated you can enable CSS classes in the options and use device specific and browser specific CSS classes. 

More information regarding this is here http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/browser-specific-css

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BUG: "content" adds 1 more padding on mobiles
      By micstepl+
      "content section" adds 1 more padding on mobiles
      see attached image
    • Visibility on mobile - tags or code?
      By mikeeg8+
      Is there a quick way to show/hide things on mobile and desktops please, i.e. like a shortcode or similar?
      I've used a bit of code, but wondered if that was the mode elegant way - is there something built into a media box, for example that would give me a hide on desktop toggle?
      Thank you
    • Different menu item colors on hover
      By mistrmint+
      Site : http://fireworxmedia.yourdemosite.co.za/
      I need to change the second menu items on hover to different colors.
      i.e factual needs to be blue on hover, fiction red on hover, etc. etc.
      then on the sub menu of factual, all need to hover blue with the main menu factual item staying as blue,
      and the sub menu of fiction needs to hover red with fiction item staying as red.
      etc. etc.
      For the life of me I cannot figure it out.
    • Textbox contents against the side of the screen on smartphones
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
    • Hero Section - Mobile View Issue
      By hibbsy78+
      Following the latest updates I now have an issue with the hero section on mobile. The content is extremely narrow. All looks ok on desktop....