Sign in to follow this  
theterribletwos

Share Toolbar on Full Lengthe Post of Front Page

theterribletwos

Gosh, I post a lot of questions. I want to put a share toolbar similar to the one this page: http://theterribletwos.com/?p=83 on posts that appear on the front page of the website. As of right now, there are not toolbars. Check it out: http://theterribletwos.com. I'd like to have a toolbar at the bottom of each post on the "front page" of the website. Thanks!

theterribletwos

Totally worked. Thanks so much.

theterribletwos

Sorry to belabor this, but I now notice that I have the share button on "Feature Posts," which are in the feature slider at the top of my website. I can't seem to remove them through the feature settings. Any thoughts?

cmunns

you may have to edit the plugin so that it only activates on posts, but I did test it and it worked fine for me without showing up on features? Did you change any settings?

theterribletwos

Hey Adam! I have the widget set to appear on the following: "Track clickbacks; Show on homepage; Show on pages; Show in archives: Show in categories; Show at end of posts;" I want the widget to appear on pretty much all the posts, including pages, I just don't like how it looks when it appears in the "feature posts" that exist in the slider at the top of the page. Here is the website, so you can see what I'm talking about. http://theterribletwos.com/ Sorry to bootstrap another question, but when I click the "share" button on the addthis widget it doesn't show the image or the text from the actual article I am trying to share. Is there anything that can be done about that? You guys are super helpful btw. I really do appreciate it.

bryan-hadaway

No worries, couldn't be simpler: `#feature .addthis_container{display:none}` Drop that in your Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

theterribletwos

Coolio. That worked great. Any thoughts on this issue? When I click the "share" button on the addthis widget it doesn't show the image or the text from the actual article I am trying to share. Is there anything that can be done about that? You guys are super helpful btw. I really do appreciate it.

theterribletwos

Thanks again Bryan. I will look in to it. I'm gonna consider this RESOLVED!

theterribletwos

The problem is back! I've posting a little about this already, but for whatever reason there are TWO addthis buttons on my website. I tried a different share plugin, addtoany, didn't notice much of a difference and went back to the addthis plugin. Now I have two of them on my website, and the code #feature .addthis_container{display:none}, doesn't seem to remove the original button from the feature posts. I am so lost as to why this would happen. It seems like the changes to the Custom CSS is not updating!!!! Ugh. I'm so frustrated. Sorry.

cmunns

Send us login info at hello[at]pagelines.com and we'll take a look

theterribletwos

I just sent the information. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Again, we're working on this together. Thanks, Bryan