Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

springmoon

DMS interface disappeared

springmoon

i was building my new website with DMS in a subdirectory of my website. i moved everything to the main directory of my main site, to make my wordpress site live.

i can still access my wordpress admin stuff without any problems. if i go to appearance > customize, my site shows up but the DMS framework does not load.

thoughts?

greenfly

The DMS Visual Editor lives on the front of your site and is not intended to be used via Appearance > Customize. It is not possible to Use DMS visual in the way im afraid. 

Does the visual editor show up when you access the front of your site?

If the message you are seeing is prompting you to 'activate the Framework' then this is because of the reason above. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

springmoon

it used to pop up for me when i accessed it that way, i assumed that was normal haha.

i do not see the editor at all when i look at my site.

greenfly

What was the process you used when moving your site?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

springmoon

actually my husband did it for me, but i am pretty sure he simply moved all the files and folders over to my main directory (it was in a sub directory before). everything else with wordpress seems to be working fine, and my website appears fine otherwise.

greenfly

Yeah - that's not going to work. You need to moving the database etc..  Do you have a link for the site?

springmoon

hm my husband does this stuff all the time, i assume he would have moved the database..

www.springmoonfertility.com

greenfly

If he moved the database as necessary you should be fine. :) 

Could you take a screenshot of the front of your site when you are logged in please so we can see exactly what you see. 

springmoon

the site appears as it would if i wasn't logged in. no wordpress buttons at the top left, no DMS editor. only a little tiny pagelines logo link at the bottom right of the screen (which didn't use to be there).

my computer isn't letting me take a screenshot right now for some odd reason?!? sorry.

greenfly

Could you try using  http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

The little black logo is the PageLines logo present on the free version of the DMS theme that you have installed and active on your site. 

If there are no WordPress Buttons AND no DMS visual editor then it could point to a user role issue or some issue with logging in. Unlikely both things are not going to show if you are logged in. 

Alternatively, if you can create and admin logon for your site and send the credentials to hello @ PageLines dot com along with a link to this topic we can take a look for you first hand. 

EDIT - also moved this post to the DMS free forum.