Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MobileParity

Sharebar Section

MobileParity+    0
MobileParity

Hello all,

I have added the Sharebar DMS section to a client website and it has been working fine. However, I added the "WP-Tiles" plugin to add a blog link that exists within the context of the homepage. Here is the issue; when on the homepage and selecting the Facebook "share" icon at top of the page, the content being shared is the blog post and not the basic homepage information. When on the homepage I would people to be able to share the general site information and not specifically the blog. If someone wants to share the blog post information the same Sharebar can be used on the actual blog post. Make sense? To clarify, I want the Sharebar to ONLY share the main content on the page.

www.olympianstrings.org

Cheers,

AG

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi AG,

So the issue only occurred when you started using that plugin?

Please search our forums, before posting!

MobileParity+    0
MobileParity

Hi Danny,

Correct, the issue began occurring when I began using the "WP-Tiles" plugin on the homepage. The Sharebar DMS Section is in the header and I want it to only share the main page content not content from a specific area of the page. Any help is appreciated.

AG

• Similar Content

• arno
      By arno+
      The counter next to the icon in the Sharebar extension adds more mess than value for us. 
      Is there an easy way/code to hide the counter? (so that the icons line up closer?)
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      Is there an easy CSS fix to change the social media icons in Sharebar so they are colored, not just on hover?
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• art23130
      By art23130+
      We had a very nice shortcodes library and hooker in the previous version of the platform. But in the version 5 they are missing. 
      So are you going to improve it again in future or no they are not supported anymore? 
      and one more question, what do you suggest for sharing bar which we had in DMS2 ?
      Thanks for your effort 
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Currently my sharebar looks like this:

Why is there a number next to LinkedIn? Is it supposed to show number of shares? 
      When I try to share anything, facebook just closes again, and the rest allows me to share "undefined undefined". 
      This might be because my site is restricted, but it seems weird?