Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaelbest

Content sections in sliders

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

I'd like to know if it is possible to add content sections into sliders. So, rather than being limited to title and sub title, I'd like to add columns of text, embed a video from Vimeo, etc. How can I achieve this? Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

If you use any section you like if you're creating your Sidebar using a Column section. If you're using a Widgetized area such as Columnizer, you can use Text Widgets in that sidebar to add a Video.

See the WordPress codex for more info on widgets - http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Widgets

Please search our forums, before posting!

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

Hi Danny, thanks for the quick reply, but I am asking about "sliders" with content sections added within the slides. You referred to "sidebar" in your reply. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

I apologise, for some unknown reason when you mentioned sliders in your first post, I read it as Sidebars ? lol

Anyway, you can't add content sections into a slider, you can expand on the RevSlider using HTML in the Extra Slide options field, but you can't use Content sections in that way unfortunately.

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

Is it possible for a developer to do this for me as a custom solution?

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

Thanks. I'll start with my local developer.

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

Hello again, I have found a slider plugin that has the functionality I want. I purchased it from CodeCanyon and have installed it on my site. Can you tell me how to get the plugin to show up as a component in my frontend editor? Currently the plugin shows up in the WP Dashboard only where I can create a slider and then somehow use the short code with id to place the slider on my page. I am a designer, not a developer, and I don't know how/where to paste the short code in order to display the slider. 

Here's the plugin I purchased, and it appears to be awesome:

http://codecanyon.net/item/master-slider-wordpress-responsive-touch-slider/full_screen_preview/7467925?ref=designrazzi

Can you help? Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you want to implement a slider such as that you will want to use a hook. For more information on hooks see our documentation - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

Thanks for info about using hooks. I'll have to get a developer to help me with that. Is it possible to use the "NextBox" I saw in your Marketplace to simply solve my problem?

Danny    1,327
Danny

The PLNextBox can be used for shortcodes, HTML, PHP etc... so you could use it for your slider, but I would always recommend using a hook.

michaelbest    0
michaelbest

My developer is recommending we make a custom section to function as a wrapper to be able to paste the "Master Slider" shortcode. Does this sound like a good solution?

Danny    1,327
Danny

The choice is entirely up to you, which ever you feel is best.

• Similar Content

• studio12
      By studio12
      My REV slider is global on all of my pages but just want it on homepage, when I delete off of any page, it deletes on home page too. How do I make it so it's just on home page, so I can use Quick slider, etc. on other pages. -thanks
    • Lindsay
      By Lindsay
      Hi, 
      I have just started and am trying to upload my media Library images in to the sliders.  Once in my Library, I cannot get back to my page and no image is loading.
      What am I missing?
      Thanks in advance, 
      Lindsay
    • dnlamoureux
      By dnlamoureux
      http://mysteriouske.com

i put a slider on the home page. On all browsers it has a gray border around it. How do I get rid of that border?

Thanks