Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

Responsive hooks & fixed hook location

Aires

I am using a hook to position a logo over the menu and everything looks great until you go to view it tablet or phone. 

css:

#my-logo {
position: absolute; top: 100 px; left: 100px;
}

@media all and (min-width: 700px) {
  #my-logo {
     text-align: center;
  }
}

I am sure I am missing something in order to get the logo to center on small screen just not sure what. 

Also I noticed that there wasn't a hook for the fixed area. I originally wanted to have the logo drape over the fixed area but the the logo kept appearing under the fixed area and not on top. 

Median queries makes my head hurt.  :(

Thanks

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

James B

Hi Aires

Looking at the code above it seems you've given the div absolute position, 100 left on all screens and only centered the text withing the my-logo div on mobiles.

Have you tried using a % value instead of 100px left, this should then be the same in the mobile version as its a % value of the screen its rendered on rather than a set pixel amount.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Aires

Thanks James B I will give this a try ...forgot all about %.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

Well I can't see your site, but if you use Media Queries, you will probably want to reposition it again in the media query. As it is currently inheriting the one you have set in the non-media query.

Please search our forums, before posting!