Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bchalker

Multi-site WP install - will PL work in this scenario?

bchalker

I'm trying to figure out with drag-and-drop builder will be the best fit in my situation. Visual Composer is already out of the running, because they are unable to do this.

Setup:

I have a multi-site install of WP, which allows users to sign-up and create sub-sites to manage. 

What I need:

- I want to allow a specific theme (or couple) for the user's site, which would have the builder attached. 

- I need (as super-admin) the ability to limit what builder "content types" (by that I mean, "images", "forms", "text block" etc.)  are part of the builder, from the settings. In other words, I need to say, "All sub-sites created are only allow these specific content types." I don't want it to be something I need to set manually, for each site created. Make sense?

- Any tweaks or settings changes in the future, should be applied to sub-sites, as well.

Will Pagelines work in this scenario? 

Thanks

Danny

HI,

DMS supports WordPress multisite. However, you can not currently limit what sections can be used on a user by user basis. You can either lockdown the DMS visual editor for a specific user or user group. You can not unfortunately, not configure it to stop users from using for example the Masthead section.

However, I have bookmarked your topic as it has some nice ideas, which I will bring to our developers attention.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bchalker

I appreciate your prompt reply, Danny. Wish it were able to do it, but I understand it might be a limited use for others. 

Danny

I will let our developers know of your request, they may feel something like this is worth adding.

Please search our forums, before posting!

msaizan

I AM JONESING FOR THIS SAME FEATURE!!!!

Excuse the hijack. 

M.

• Similar Content

• chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      It would be great if DMS had detection for multiple users (or the same user on multiple computers) editing the same page. DMS should issue a warning or prevent from editing the page. Wordpress has support for this.