Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Video in iBox?

sheilahoff

This is a bit odd but maybe someone will have a better way to go. I'm working on a new DMS2 site. We're using 3 iboxes on the bottom of each page. On this page http://stacey.hoffmangraphics.com/coaching/ the 1st and 3rd boxes will be videos. I know about the PL embed code which I used to embed the Vimeo video under the first box. But what we actually want is for the video to replace the ibox photo. I might be making this harder than it is. How would achieve this? We just want these 3 iboxes to look like the ones on the other pages but to have 2 of the 3 actually be videos. They could play in place or pop up in models. I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Sheila

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

Hi,

You're making this harder on yourself, you should just use three MediaBoxes.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thank Danny. The reason I was stuck on iboxes is that we want the pages the look the same and the iBoxes make it so easy to add headline, text and more link.

So I tried media boxes here: http://stacey.hoffmangraphics.com/coaching/

It's not too bad. When I used the PL video embed it wouldn't show the entire height even when I set the height. So these are the iframe embed codes provided at Vimeo.

Is there any way to make flip it so the headline on the media box goes below instead of above. I know on the iBox I can choose but I don't want to change them throughout the site. I'd like to make these media boxes more closely match.

Danny

Just as the following to a MediaBox.

<h3>Title goes here</h3>

<p>Text goes here</p>

<p><a class="btn btn-success" href="">Read more...</a></p>

sheilahoff

Thanks. I think I was adding my other question while you were writing...

Is there any way to make flip it so the headline on the media box goes below instead of above. I know on the iBox I can choose but I don't want to change them throughout the site. I'd like to make these media boxes more closely match.

Danny

I am not following what you mean, Flip the headline of the MediaBox ?

sheilahoff

I figured it out. I needed to embed the link to the image in the text instead of using the image box. I just wanted to make them all have either top headings or headings under the images consistently. I've got it now. Thanks again.

GetMeWebDesign

Like this, but put all in text/html

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hzgzim5m7oU" height="315" width="560" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<h3> The Power of Words</h3>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean rhoncus gravida fermentum. Praesent faucibus, nibh nec rutrum luctus, erat purus tincidunt ipsum, ac facilisis turpis nibh ac velit.</p>
<p><a class="btn btn-success" href="">Read more...</a></p>

Or without the button class in your case

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny

No problem!