Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atcdomainsolutions

DMS2 2.0.7 and upgrading an older site

atcdomainsolutions

I had an older site for a client that was running DMS version 1.1.8.  They put the project on hold and just yesterday, got me what was needed for the site.

I went to test things out and just went ahead and upgraded to DMS 2.0.7 and I noticed that the page templates I had created disappeared.  I had a backup so no disaster but is there a bug that caused that or should I have done something else besides just updated directly from 1.1.8 to 2.0.7?

I only ask because I actually have around 3 sites that have been in production for months where clients are on hold still getting things together so I want to avoid this in the future.  For the site I mentioned earlier in this post, I actually removed DMS 2.0.7 and reinstalled version 1.1.8 (I save ALL versions of DMS that come out just in case of something like this where a new version has bugs and I want to go "back") and I also removed the Updater plugin and DMS Pro plugin.

I WANT to upgrade to 2.0.7 for this site so what is the safe way to do it to avoid losing things again?  I have the same plugins active I have on a few DMS2 sites I built new so I know it's not a plugin conflict.  Editor loads up fine.  Only thing that happened is my templates I created disappeared.

Thanks.

James

Danny

Hi,

The issue could very well be that templates are handled differently in DMS 2.x so that well could be the cause of the issue. I will speak to our developers and see if there is anything that can be done.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?