strawberryhill

Masonic Gallery - filter show only certain post category or tag

strawberryhill    0
strawberryhill

Hi is it possible to make the Masonic Gallery show only posts belonging to a certain category or with a certain tag? I want my gallery to display posts with tag or category work not all my posts. Or if possible to show only certain pages.

Kind regards

mirek

grimezy    0
grimezy
Hey Danny,

Sorry if this is a silly question, but after selecting the Post Category to 'category' under the Mosanic Gallery section, what then to select which categories to show?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

If you select the category option, is the taxonomy Category used by WordPress for the Posts post type. So it will allow you to filter through all your categories, lets imagine you have the following categories PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Nintendo 64, SNES, GameBoy and so forth, it will list all those categories from the category taxonomy.

If you created a custom post type, called Movies and added a taxonomy called Genres which contains Action, Romance, Sci-fi, Horror and so forth. When you select your Movies post type from the drop down menu and then the Genres taxonomy, it will allow you to filter through all the genres you have added.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tslsites+    0
tslsites

Right, but let's say I just want certain parent categories to choose from and explude others.

Is that possible?

Thank you!

-Armando

Danny    1,327
Danny

@tslsites

Unfortunately, no. I recommend you use the PowerLoop section. Also, in future please create your own topic, as this topic almost one year old.

Please search our forums, before posting!