Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umar Adil

How to customize posts page

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi, 

By Default the blog page of my site uses the section "WP-Content Loop" to display the posts. I want to edit the way its listing my posts like want to remove the author image, decrease the size of post image and in addition I want to add section Facebook Share against each post. How do I change this section ? 

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The Wp-Content/PostLoop has a legacy mode that allows you to customize the PostLoop with some options such as Magazine, which changes the display of your posts.

If you want to remove the author image you can select which mode, where you can view the author image or not.

You can also change your thumbnail size and position with the legacy mode.

What do you mean you want to add the FaceBook section against each post ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Danny

Thanks  Legacy mode fixes my issues.

I want to add Social Share section against each post, so that endusers can click on Facebook share to share the post.

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

umar14 Not sure Danny saw your extra question (which you should really start a new topic for).

Go to any post

Add a canvas area below/above post. Add whichever social bar you wish. All posts will now have this added to them.

Does that answer your question?

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

I need this on each post as well as posts loop on blog home page. I added canvas area but nothing is added to my blog

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

greenfly    230
greenfly

Could you start a new topic for this with the relevant links and examples of what you have attempted and we can help. 

This topic is already marked as resolved 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is is possible to have different layouts for different Post categories? We have Blog posts, News posts and Case studies that all are posts, but is it possible to differentiate their layouts?
      So far when I change a post layout it affects all Post type pages. Could it be done somehow with creating a separate template? 
      Examples below
      https://queue-it.com/news/
      https://queue-it.com/blog/

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Skip
      By Skip+
      Hello
      Anyone know why Posts will not appear on a website?
      We can see them all in the admin console but the website with the page for the posts - https://www.trueblueauctions.com/articles/ shows the titles but when you click on an article they do not appear.  Example: https://www.trueblueauctions.com/phone-call-estate/  Notice the article content is not present.  
      It is this way for all posts on our website.
      Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong and how to fix it?
      Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
      Wishing you all the best of Providence.
      Skip