Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fish-Owl-360

Why does my media library have double scroll bars

Fish-Owl-360

When I first started using Pagelines a week ago, and installed DMS2 the Media Library was working fine.  Yesterday I noticed the Media Library pop-up browser had issues that are shown in the attached screen shot.  Please advise on how to fix.

Thanks,

Derek

[attachment=2178:Double-Scroll-Bars.PNG]

James B

Hi Derek, this was a bug which was fixed in an update to DMS, can you please confirm which version you're using.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Fish-Owl-360

[attachment=2179:Double-Scroll-Bars-dms-ver.PNG]

Here is my DMS version Info in the attached image.  I'm on Wordpress 3.9.1

Danny

Can you contact our helpdesk with the following information please.

1. A link to this topic, so our staff have a reference to your issue.

2. A link to the site in question

3. You admin username and password

4. Make sure all plugins are disabled.

5. Make sure DMS debug mode is active ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

Fish-Owl-360

I'll try and do that today, and also address the other problem I have been having.  I just lost my ENTIRE site again.  So frustrating! I spent hours and hours yesterday working on it, and I did publish it, but after logging out and clearing my Chrome browser cash etc. DMS2 just reverted back to as if it was a new installation.  The only stuff I have left is the Wordpress menus, and posts.  Everything I did with DMS is gone, even when I reload my template.

Fish-Owl-360

Can you contact our helpdesk with the following information please.

1. A link to this topic, so our staff have a reference to your issue.

2. A link to the site in question

3. You admin username and password

4. Make sure all plugins are disabled.

5. Make sure DMS debug mode is active ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

hello at pagelines dot com

I sent a message to the support system with all the info you requested, and enabled DMS debug mode.  Do I also need WP_DEBUG set to true in wp-config.php?

Also I noticed my DMS Key is showing up to the left in my posting Profile.  Is that only visible to me?  I sure hope so.

greenfly

Hello Derek 

The logon info is only visible to our moderators. 

Could you create a new topic for your other issue and we will look at this separately for you - one issue per topic :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Fish-Owl-360

Yes, I will create another topic right now for my 2nd issue.  I'm tempted to just blow away my entire Wordpress installation and start from scratch, but I will keep it as is to hopefully help the Pagelines team prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks!  :)

greenfly

Hi derek 

I have tried the logon you provided but it does not work (invalid username / password) - could you look into this for us please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Fish-Owl-360

Hi derek 

I have tried the logon you provided but it does not work (invalid username / password) - could you look into this for us please?

Are you going here and trying to log on as admin?

http://www.fish-owl-360.com/google-business-view/

greenfly

Hi Derek 

I got your new logon you sent and have assigned this to this ticket for you - will look into this again for you 

Fish-Owl-360

Thanks!  I'll leave the current installation alone with the double scroll bar issue.  I'm anxious to blow the entire installation away and start from scratch, so hopefully someone can take a look soon.  

greenfly

Logged on to your site and tried a few different sections on your home page and cannot replicate the issue  http://screencast.com/t/DFNGuHdc

could you try clearing your cache and disabling any browser extensions please. 

Also do you have any warnings in your chrome inspector. 

Fish-Owl-360

The only warning I see is this:

hey jquery.themepunch.revolution.min.js?ver=f770ca:10
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
hey 

I even created a new Windows 7 user account, with a fresh Chrome installation and still see double scroll bars.  For example, I edit the RevSlider section, and for the Background Image I click on the Library button, and up pops a blank window with one scroll bar, and then a few seconds later a second window appears inside the first with it's own scroll bar.  Next I will try testing on a completely different PC.

Are you testing on a PC or Mac?

Danny

I don't have a PC so I am unable to check Windows for you. However, I have just logged in on your site using my Mac and everything appears to be working as intended.

https://cloudup.com/c-2ldrmu6XZ

Please search our forums, before posting!

Fish-Owl-360

I just tested this on a different PC running WIndows 7, and I still have the double scroll bar problem.  Is there someone else out there that can test on WIndows 7?  If you email me privately I can send the log-in info.  Just go to my web site and use the contact form to contact me.  THanks!

Derek

http://Fish-Owl-360.com

Aires
Did you try deactivating all of the third party plugins to see if one of those is the issue.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Fish-Owl-360

yes i tried that, but still not resolved.

James B

Very strange, I've also logged in but it's displaying fine for me. http://screencast.com/t/FoUSjA4FYJ

So it would appear as a windows only issue, can you please create a short screencast of the whole process, exactly what you see when you add a image using something like jing and upload it here so we can pass over to the Developer team to take a look.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Fish-Owl-360

I am still seeing double scroll bars, and the formating of my pop-up box is different than yours.  

See these links:

http://www.screencast.com/t/YHvsGknV0vA

http://www.screencast.com/t/YFgAK8yCyC

I even re-installed Wordpress, and DMS2 and still got the double scroll bars.  I wish someone with Windows 7 could test this besides me.  It's probably a browser issue, or Windows configuration. Time for the yearly re-install i guess...

greenfly

How did you get on with a reinstall?

Fish-Owl-360

The install went fine, but I still have double scroll bars.  It's not preventing me from doing work, it's just annoying looking.  I think the issue is there is one scroll bar there by default, even though there is no need for a scroll bar.  When the pop-up window fills in with the images, and stuff the second scroll bar appears along with the close "X" at the top right corner.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?