Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eloise

To fix no thumbnail in Facebook, delete thumbs in White House?

eloise    0
eloise

Hello, I wrote a couple of times before, and you were very helpful, thank you.

I'm still using your White House. I have never been able to share links on Facebook and have the thumbnail show, which really limits my sharing, and makes me very sad, since I'm a cartoonist and I really need images/thumbnails to show.

For many months I have been disallowing Google  to scrape my images, but recently I did allow Facebook. Yet the thumbnails still didn't appear. I have been trying 10 or 12 plugins for days, trying to get them to show, and testing in the debugger.

Now I realize that the debugger can see my icons, and see the thumbnail on my post page, and tells me it's too small, of course. I think I used css to block the WH thumb on my blog, because my full size cartoon is right there, and it doesn't make sense to have a thumbnail right on top of my fullsize image. So even though the thumb does not show on my post, the debugger can see it, and thinks that's the size I want to share.

I would like to stop the thumbs from appearing anywhere on my site, and I think this would also allow Facebook to see my REAL image. Do you have any suggestions on how to block the thumbs in the editor? I see them listed many times in features.php, and I don't want to delete the wrong ones!

Thank you with hope.

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

WhiteHouse Pro is no longer supported, as it is a legacy theme and has been for nearly two years. If I was you then I would upgrade to DMS as soon as possible.

However, if you install Yoast SEO, it includes options that will include OG:Data which should resolve your issue, so you may want to try that.

Although, personally, you really should upgrade to DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eloise    0
eloise

Am I in the wrong forum? Sorry. I have plain White House, not Pro. Free. I thought this forum section was for free themes.

I doubt that Yoast will resolve anything, as I've already tried 10 other fixes. The problem, which I just realized last night, is the "thumbs" in the theme. I've never had them in a theme, and forgot they were there. I was just asking how to remove them in code, so Facebook will stop seeing them!

http://donnabarstow.com/

James B    436
James B

Hi Donna, no you're in the right forum, what Danny was saying is that Whitehouse is now a legacy theme, so is no longer updated or supported. As the theme is so old going forwards you will notice problems begin to occur as WordPress updates it core code.

I would suggest using the facebook delinter - https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/2010/06/11/debugging-urls-with-the-facebook-url-linter/ which allows you to go through and check which content is being pulled from page into facebook.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• FionaFell
      By FionaFell
      Hi Pagelines Team, 

I'm adding blog posts to www.leadstoclients.com.au

But would love to place the image between the 'title' and the 'content'. 

I'm seeing these options: http://screencast.com/t/c1GggUigw

But none of them seem to place the image where I hope it can be displayed. 

Any tips on how I can get the image to appear here: http://screencast.com/t/F39iUNuq8Nd5 would be awesome. 

Thanks for your help,

Fiona
    • hansonexperience
      By hansonexperience+
      Hi

on my weblog http://www.hansonexperience.com I have installed DMS. It is great and very user-friendly in working with it. No coding. 
      But now I have a strange behaviour at my sidebar as the thumbs of tube press are not the size I have entered. Every now and then they change to smaller thumbs or one small two large etc.

How can I force DMS to use the width and height I entered in tubepress?
    • ratputin
      By ratputin+
      I have a client request to change the aspect ratio of the carousel thumbnails from 4:3 to 16:9. My initial attempts with the CSS resulted in stretched images. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

WP Platform: 3.5.1
      PLF: 2.4.2

TIA
      Rat
    • tslsites
      By tslsites+
      Hi there,

I am needing to display on the features, both names and thumbnails.

Someone on the support chat told me to post here as to know exactly what PageLines hook to use as this option is not on the dropdown.

So the question is: can I use a hook so that I can have both names and thumbnails? (see screenshot attached)

I think this may be the hook but I am not sure and if it is, I would like to know how to implement this.

Thanks!
      -Armando