Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rufus

DMS 2 suspected memory issue

rufus

I have been impressed with DMS and just bought a license.

My webserver is running php 5.3.28 and has php memory allocation of 64 mb.

With a fresh install and latest versions of DMS2 (2.07) and Pro tools plugin (1.5.4)  I am having issues.

The DMS editor loads and functions with the pro tools plugin disabled.  As soon as I enable it it does not load, and the site loads without CSS, looking rather broken.

I have no other active plugins.

Here is some other server info http://www.moodra.com/phpinfo.php

Can anyone shed some light?

I suspect memory is getting overloaded causing the DMS editor to fail to load and CSS getting derailed, but according to the system requiremnts it should be okay.

Danny

Hi,

Can you enable DMS Debug mode please - DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Also, enable DMS Pro Tools so we can see the issue first hand.

Please search our forums, before posting!

rufus

I have enabled debug mode and actived the pro topols plugin.

Right now the page loads and functions fine when I am not logged into wordpress, regardless of whether or not the protools plugin is activated.  But I cannot load the DMS editor at all when logged in, even with no active plugins.

You can see the site I am working on here: http://www.moodra.com/addbg/

Of course you will not see a problem unless you are logged in to wordpress, as the dms editor would not attempt to load.  I will PM you login details.

Danny

Contact our helpdesk with the following information please.

A link to this topic so our staff have a reference.

A link to your site

Your admin username and password 

Keep DMS Pro Tools active.

hello at pagelines dot com

James B

Note: Moderators, login info has come in, see above in admin notes.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny

Yeah from the looks of it you have a memory issue. Contact your web host provider and ask them to either:

1. Provide you with more memory

2. Upgrade your PHP version to 5.5

Or better yet, ask them to do both.

rufus

I am on a shared host and they will not give me more than 64Mb of php memory.  I asked them to upgrade the php version, and we shall see.

Danny

Well you're extremely limited on shared hosting, this is because its cheap and for the most part poor hosting. All web hosts who provide shared hosting add as many websites as they possibly can, the most we have ever seen is over 1800 websites on the same server.

So if they do not update your PHP version, you may want to consider moving to a new host, one that doesn't provide a shared hosting environment. We recommend FlyWheel.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?