Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joshkent

CSS broken in Chrome when logged in since I updated to 2.0.7

joshkent

Hi,

I just upgraded to 2.0.7 and now CSS is broken when logged in to chrome (see attached). I have had this problem before and would just clear the cache and log in again and everything would work.  This time after resetting cache locally and in the wp-super-cache plugin no luck. Same broken CSS showing.  The site looks normal when not logged in or logged in using a different browser.  Also, maybe related is that I do get an error of "Unable to set filesystem credentials" that I have not been able to resolve.

I would include debug info, but not sure how to get to it as can't get to that option with css broken.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

greenfly

Can we have a link to your site please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

joshkent
www.pps.org

Danny

The likely cause of this is your use of a Cache plugin, can you flush the cache and then disable the plugin (in fact all plugins) and see if this resolves your issue. As far as I am aware there were no changes to LESS/CSS in update 2.0.7.

Please search our forums, before posting!

6fold

I got the same issue on http://proximinder.com

I looks alright when not logged in, but I can't work on the site anymore when I am logged in.

Deactivated Caching Plugin already .. flushed Caches .. nothing works.

rufus

I think I might be experiencing the same issue with 2.07.  When logged in and viewing the front end I see un-styled content and the editor does not load, but looks fine when I am not logged in.  All plugins disabled.  I thought it might be a memory issue with my server but now I am wondering?

6fold

I tried it with a fresh domain, fresh wordpress install, no additional stuff and just a 2.0.7 DMS Theme and still the same issue.
I thought it might have something to do with upgrading from DMS 1.x, but you can rule that out now.

Danny

Can you guys open up Chrome dev tools and see if there are any errors and if so, tell us what they're please.

joshkent

I compared error's when logged in vs not logged in and the following error appears only when logged into Chrome (I think this is what you are asking for):

GET http://www.pps.org/?pagedraft=1 500 (Internal Server Error)

This error appears on both the logged in and not logged in chrome multiple times:

1. Uncaught Error: Attempting to use a disconnected port object extensions::messaging:72
    1. PortImpl.postMessageextensions::messaging:72
    2. publicClass.(anonymous function)extensions::utils:69
    3. onVisibilityChangePageStateTracker.js:8

Simon

the 500 error is a server error, it will be logged. Do you have access to server logs?

Alternatively, set WP_DEBUG to true in wp-config.php then make sure you are logged into your site and then visit the URL with the error. You should then see the actual error.

joshkent

These are error that showed up.  I have a multisite install so checked a couple of my DMS2 sites (they all are having the same problem).  

www.pps.org errors: 

Notice: wpdb::escape is deprecated since version 3.6! Use
wpdb::prepare() or esc_sql() instead. in
/cbs/var/www/html/pps.org/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3083
Notice: Undefined index: rewrite_withfront in
/cbs/var/www/html/pps.org/wp-content/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/custom-post-type-ui.php
on line 100 Notice: Undefined index: rewrite_withfront in
/cbs/var/www/html/pps.org/wp-content/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/custom-post-type-ui.php
on line 100

www.pps.org/pwpb2014

Notice: Undefined index: settingsgeneral_browsercss_css-type in /cbs/var/www/html/pps.org/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.browsercss.php on line 18

thanks

Jackey

Same problem on different servers after upgrade to 2.0.7 here had to revert back to 2.0.6.

Have it in safari and chrome (did not check other browsers yet).

ModalPopup shows admin notice when not logged in.

RevSlider shows admin notice when logged in as admin and DMS editor is disabled. : http://cl.ly/image/13390R2w0n0h

No errors shown in dev tools

Maybe a different issue... sorry

joshkent

For the time being, I had to revert back to an older version of DMS2. All works in earlier version. Any thoughts based on the errors I posted above? Any other information that I can give you to help troubleshoot? Thanks

Josh 

Simon

Any thoughts based on the errors I posted above?

None of the php notices above would have triggered a 500 error.

BlueSkyCreative

Hi Guys

Yep I am getting the same issues, I thought it was a bad install/upgrade but then I tried another one of our sites and it did the same. Style goes everywhere and can't see the dms panel properly.

screen shot of dms site is http://taylorboutique.co.uk the front end style is messed up in this one but on http://blueskycreative.co the front end looks ok until you login and then the dmd goes crazy...and can't see the debug info or dmd panel

https://www.cubby.com/pli/error.jpg/_acbb06b517e6416486562c5b6ea7ba9c

this is what I can get from the debug

DMS Debug Info

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
No

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Path
/home/taylorbo/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework URI
http://taylorboutique.co.uk/wp-content/themes/dms/dms

Framework Version

PHP Version

WP_DEBUG
No

WP memory limit
40 MB

WP MAX memory limit
256 MB

PHP memory limit
256 B

Mysql version

WP Max Upload Size
250 MB

PHP POST Max Size
250 MB

PHP Max Execution Time
30s

PHP type
Apache2handler

WebServer software
Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/5.4.28

PHP User
Nobody

OS
Linux

Installed Plugins
dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php

DMS Internal Warning
Less Subsystem
Unable to set filesystem credentials

« Back

I have disconnected all other plugins, had me tech guy upgrade to the latest tested php... but have loads of sites built with this and don't want to upgrade any at the moment because I know they will break as this is the second one I tested the upgrade with...

both on same server...

Any ideas from this?

Ta

Paul

6fold

This issue is still unresolved. Who can I contact for further support?

And I don't need another reminder about Caching Issues. I checked it all.
Don't just mark it as answered like in http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35103-missing-dms-toolbar-and-wp-toolbar-on-homepage/ .
I am pretty sure his problem is also still unresolved.

Thanks!

Ben

Danny

6fold"], @[member="joshkent"] and @[member="Jackey"] - Can you all do the same as @[member="BlueSkyCreative"] and posts your debug information please and see if you have the following at the bottom like @[member="BlueSkyCreative does.

If you all have the same problem then as far as I am aware, it is related to your server and WordPress not being able to replace the files and having the file replacements have the same user and group ownership. 

BlueSkyCreative

Hi Danny

I have approx 25-30 pagelines sites and ever since the dms came out I have had that credentials issue, My server tech guy says there is not really alot I can do about it as the way our server is set up...  but it has always worked as I just ignored it...

but since the latest release I have tried updating 2 of my sites and broke both of them....I dont want to update any more until I know what is causing it and how I can fix it...

Do you think it is the naming of the php user then?

joshkent

Yup, I have the "Unable to set filesystem credentials" issue too. I guess I will try to further troubleshoot the "credentials" issue (if there is a fix). Until then or any fix from your side I will be stuck on a older release of DMS 2. 

Has anybody been able to track down the error in their logs to what maybe causing the problem? I was unsuccessful in finding the reason for the error (see thread above). 

Josh

Debug information results: 

WordPress Version

WordPress Debug
Disabled

Multisite Enabled
Yes

Current Role
Administrator

Framework Version

PHP Version

Child theme
Yes
/cbs/var/www/html/pps.org/wp-content/themes/PPS-child-theme
http://www.pps.org/wp-content/themes/PPS-child-theme

PHP memory

Mysql version
5.5.37-log

PHP type
Apache2handler

PHP User
Posix functions are disabled on this host!

DMS Internal Warning

Less Subsystem

BlueSkyCreative

I put dms version 2.0 back on a broken site and it fixed it... I have asked my tech guy to look at the php username issue and we are going to role out changing our server to allow it, possibly breaking every php user on the server that is going to need a manual fix. Then our server will be able to handle it, and the only thing then will be we are not on php 5.5 as it doesnt have ioncube for whmcs support.

We are planning to change the php username by the end of the week, lets hope it is that as it is a large job to adjust...for the pagelines credentials and the style dms 2 control front end issue...

Will update when we have done this

Paul

Simon

Im looking at a patch now that might help.

Basically it works like this...

DMS creates the css dynamically, then asks wordpress if it can write a file to the filesystem, if WP has the right permissions then DMS uses the wordpress functions to create the file. If for any reason WP does not have the right permissions then DMS stores the data in the database and echos it to the page (slower)

Im going to write a patch so if WP does not have permission then DMS will attempt to write the file anyway using file_put_contents(), the reason we never dont this to start with is two fold. Firstly file editing of any kind is outlawed on any theme that is hosted on wordpress.org unless it uses the wordpress filesystem class, secondly if you write a file in PHP as the user www-data/nobody/apache whatever then log into FTP you might not be able to delete that css file because you dont own it.

Jackey

Danny My problem is solved. 

BlueSkyCreative

Jackey may I ask how you solved the issue? cheers as I am planning updates to our php naming etc to try and solve my issue with it. 

cheers

Paul

joshkent
Thanks Simon! Keep us updated when you are done with patch.

BlueSkyCreative

Hi All

Ok, My server tech guy has changed our php naming so that it is not php nobody and now has the unique username for the hosting account and that has fixed the issue,

I have tested it on 3 sites so far and all work and update to the latest 2.0.7 dms 2 

We are running php 5.4 too so not the latest php as it doesnt support ioncube yet...

So that was our server issue the php username! hope you all get it sorted... or check out www.blue-sky-creative.com for hosting as our server hosting now all set up to update.... we use it so will keep our server up to latest spec to work with pagelines latest editions...

Regards

Paul

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?