DMS 2 DMS Internet Explorer Compatibility Issues

4 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

I know this topic has been raised a few times (and I've read though as much as possible), but in my experience DMS 2 simply isn't rendering in versions of Internet Explorer below the latest ver 11. Layouts on IE9 and below are non-existent with unformatted HTML and 10 it also look awful. 

I'm using .less for all my css and I'm wondering if that could be making matters worse - it was my assumption that DMS should compile the less into css server side?

I have tried Modernizr for WordPress plugin and DMS PRO Tools are installed.

If someone could please get back to me on this asap.

ie9 has a 4096 css selector count limit. Your hidden mod only support url isnt even running a PL theme, so i didnt bother testing its css.

so how can we handle a count of 4096 + in IE9? Asa for the second bit sorry I don't follow - I am running DMS 2.0 with a child theme and this is on a development server... I can perhaps PM/email the URL?

the second bit: in your forum profile, there are two url options, one is for your own site to show in your profile, the other is a hidden one that only shows to forum moderators. The site you added there is not a PL theme.

You cant up the limit on IE9 its hardcoded. We have however reduced the amount of CSS that is compiled to about 3300 selectors, it was 4089.

2.0.7 contains the 'fix'

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Help Needed With Extra Padding in IE
      By atcdomainsolutions+
      Building a site for a client and I keep experiencing padding issues in IE.  
      When you view in Chrome, the header area looks fine as far as padding but when you view in IE, there is extra padding that is appearing at the bottom of the header area (below the logo, social icons and Contact button) and I can't figure out how to remove that.
      Anyone have this issue before and know what is causing it?
    • Display issues in Internet Explorer
      By bonnysteele
      Some users are reporting problems viewing my site in IE. See the attached image. I can't replicate because I'm a mac user. Any ideas? 
      I saw this other thread and wondered if this solution would work for me:
      My site is:
    • Flyp don´t work with internet explorer
      By ingo68
      my fly section don´t work with IE. but with chrome and firefox it works.
      my website
    • Revslider bug in IE 9
      By semivaken
      The revslider doesn´t show up when using IE 9 on this site: 
      IE 9 is still supported by Microsoft it seems like, is this possible to solve?
    • Mobile mobile menu links are not working in IE11 (possible lower ones as well)
      By ketri+
      Here is my site:

With Windows 7 and IE11, the links in the mobile menu are not clickable. They cannot be hovered, and if I try to click them it just toggles the menu off.

I also tried a fresh installation of DMS without using a child-theme, and I still get the same issue of not being able to click them.
      It seems that on Windows Phone 8 the links work, although they are sometimes extremely hard to hit, again closing the menu. But this is probably just WP8 sucking....

How should I proceed?

Thank you!