Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Vertical Navigation

Danny

HI,

That is just HTML, CSS and JavaScript. If you want a similar menu, you could try using the WordPress core menu widget.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jane

Hi Danny, thanks for the suggestion. Is there a setting in the dashboard that allows me to change the menu from horizontal to vertical that I'm not seeing or would that change be achieved with CSS?

Thanks

Danny

There is no vertical menu with Menu, unless you consider the mobile menu. You can use the menu widget and apply custom CSS to make it look more unique.

You could also take a look at the UberMenu plugin - http://wpmegamenu.com/?wpmega-demo-transition=slide&wpmega-demo-trigger=hoverIntent&wpmega-demo-orientation=vertical&wpmega-demo-style=black-white-2&is_submitted=is_submitted

jane

Ok thanks Danny for confirming that. I'll also take a look at the UberMenu!

greenfly

Please let us know how you get on 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Danny

jane - No problem.

jmad

There is no vertical menu with Menu, unless you consider the mobile menu. You can use the menu widget and apply custom CSS to make it look more unique.

You could also take a look at the UberMenu plugin - http://wpmegamenu.com/?wpmega-demo-transition=slide&wpmega-demo-trigger=hoverIntent&wpmega-demo-orientation=vertical&wpmega-demo-style=black-white-2&is_submitted=is_submitted

I'm also interested in a vertical menu for the main navigation.  What menu widget are your referring to here?  As far as Ubermenu goes how does a vertical Ubermenu fit in with fullwidth DMS sections?  Any experience with how it will push or not push content to the side?

Danny

I don't have any experience in using the vertical menu from UberMenu in DMS. However, the developer of UberMenu created the free UberMenu section in the store, so I am sure it will work just fine.

However, not sure why you would place a vertical menu in a full width section, you will probably want to place inside a column section and reduce the width, similar to what you would do for a sidebar.

jmad

Makes sense.  Is there a way in DMS for a vertical menu and background color to run the full length of the page.  Say I only have 4 or 5 menu items but want a solid strip down the right side of page.

Danny

You will need to use custom CSS to achieve a full height background color.

jmad

Danny,

I'm trying to wrap my head around how to setup a vertical menu in DMS2.  I'm not sure Uber will really achieve the result but maybe.  I'm trying to achieve something like is in this theme

demo.qodeinteractive.com/bridge2/  .  Should I start with a boxed layout and column?  

It would be nice if as one of the monthly club releases a vertical menu option was available...I personally don't care for them but I've had more than one client ask...don't like to have to switch frameworks for a client just for a vertical menu.  Maybe this is a Bootstrap restriction?