Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Objectif-Mariage

Wich one is the faster one ?

Objectif-Mariage

Hello, 

I'have tried two slideshow who makes exatly the same fonction : revslider (given with the DMS) , and wp-supersized a pluging .

In order to test wich one is the faster one, i'have created 2 similary page, one with Revslider, the ohter one with Wp-supersized.

I have tried to test them with gtmetrix ans wichloadsfater.com ; but i don"t manage to have significant results..... Some time it says one is better, and few sec after it say the other one is better .....

http://www.objectif-mariage.fr/photographe-de-mariage-paris/photos-de-groupes/

http://www.objectif-mariage.fr/testvitesseportfolio/

Have any one got o good solution to select the best one ? 

Thanks 

Alexandre

batman

Hi Objectif-Mariage

I use this

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

Perhaps this is a good alternative to see the performance.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Objectif-Mariage

Thank's @Batmann!

But i think this site take in care the time for laoding all images of Revslider (7,3mb), and not time for laoding all images of Wp-supersized (1,4Mb) ! So it could be more faster on paper, but not in real life, given than both pages have the same information.

Danny

Hi Alexandre,

In my opinion, your RevSlider images shouldn't come to a combined 7.3Mb, that is simply far too large for a website to load. What you will want to do, is what everybody should do before uploading any kind of image to their WordPress media library and that is to optimize your images. For example, the image with the crowd of people together is over 200kb, that is simply far too large one image, a background image shouldn't even be that large.

So if you plan on using the RevSlider with quite a few images, then you need to drastically reduce these image sizes, this will increase your load time immensely. Also, you should consider a cache plugins and use a CDN, we recommend MaxCDN.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Objectif-Mariage

Hello Danny, 

Thank you for you message . 

I understand the way you think . But, thoses images have already been reduce. I can't go with less quality because it is not only background, iit s a portfolio. Apparently le pluging WP-supersized, is not uploading all image in one time : the page start working a 1,4MB and then the plugin brings image little by little. 

RevSlider seams to load all images before starting.

For the cache plugin i already use Wp-supercahce .... does it works correctly ? For the CDN it's cool be a good idea ! Thanks !

Alexandre

Danny

The RevSlider loads all images in the slider, as its a slider. If you're using this for portfolio purposes, then I would recommend using a Gallery plugins which displays thumbnails of your images which when clicked, will open your image in a lightbox or a new page, depending on the gallery.

You should also really consider using a CDN, it will help drastically.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Objectif-Mariage

thank you Danny . I will check for MaxCDN (given that i'm In Europe , maybe i should found something in EU ? no ? ) . 

For the Gallery plugins i understand the idea, but the slideshow in full screen is much more beautiful to see ! So i think i going to continue with the wp-supersized plugin and try a CDN