Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiltcreative

Image background size

tiltcreative    0
tiltcreative

I am having a problem with my background image in DMS2 - the image itself is only 800 px wide but when I set it to be the background it makes it way bigger so you can only see the top corner of it. I've tried a few different options in the 'scrolling effects and sizing', and re-uploaded the image a few times and can't get it to change. Is there something I need to do to make it appear at it's correct size? It seems to be resizing it to fit the height.

http://averyproductions.ca/our-team/

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

From what I can tell, you haven't uploaded your image using the Background option, instead you have uploaded your image to a Sections Canvas background.

If you goto DMS Toolbar > Settings > Color & BG, then use the options there instead, it will display like this - https://cloudup.com/ctVLxnoK1KG

However, you will likely want to change your layout from Full Width to Boxed Mode. You can do this by going to DMS Toolbar > Settings > Layout & Nav

Please search our forums, before posting!

tiltcreative    0
tiltcreative

Thanks, I actually did want it in the section rather than the site bkg, because we may change the image from page to page. I have changed it for now and it looks good, but if I do want to move it to the section background instead, is there some code I can add to make it show up at 100% instead?

James B    436
James B

We'd need to see it in that space really to say for sure, but I'd imagine setting 'background-size:contain' in the css would correct it for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features
    • dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate