Sign in to follow this  
bartspain

Background Image in PlatformPro

bartspain    0
bartspain

Hi there, I have been exploring the forum and support about something that should be very easy to do: Adding a background image in PlatformPro. I have tried some solutions I saw in the forum... which none of them have worked for me... I succeedded in affecting the footer... Can somebody please just give me the 1 way how to include an image on the background? Thanks for your help. Bart

nett-ed    0
nett-ed

If you know css the easiest would probably be to enter some custom css from the theme settings in PlatformPro >> Settings >> Custom Code Something like:

body {background: url('../where-your-image-is/your-image.jpg) no-repeat;}

bartspain    0
bartspain

Hi Eduardo, thanks for your reply, but then I read that you also have to paste this code in the style-sheet... anyhow it did not work until now.

bartspain    0
bartspain

Is there any REAL solution to this please? I just tried the above suggestion but no go.

compartmentlife    0
compartmentlife

I cannot seem to add a background image either. Here is what I am posting in the CSS Rules box: body {background: url('../images/wallpaper_texture_006.jpg) no-repeat;} Here is the site I'm working on: http://www.compartmentlife.com

cmlstudios    0
cmlstudios

Try this. I don't think your image is loading, by the way.

body #page {
	background:url("../images/wallpaper_texture_006.jpg") repeat scroll 0 0 #6FF7DE;
	}

compartmentlife    0
compartmentlife

Well, that is changing the background color, but still not adding the image. I tried resizing the image and changing the directory. Should I try using an absolute location?

cmlstudios    0
cmlstudios

Yep looks like you fixed it with the absolute URL. Pretty paper! :)

compartmentlife    0
compartmentlife

Yeah, for some reason it won't work with a relative location. That paper definitely isn't the goal. Just trying to figure out how to modify all the things I need. I thought using a "drag and drop" theme program was going to be much easier... Maybe I'm just fighting it.

bartspain    0
bartspain

With this code I finally got my bg image in place! Thanks Chris.