Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stackaruk

Running 2 blog pages on one site.

stackaruk    0
stackaruk

Is it possible to run two blogs on one site. I would like to have one dedicated to company news and the other dedicated to Industry news.

batman    389
batman

Hi stackaruk

You can run only one Page Blog in a single install of WP.
Perhaps you can use a section like Flipper or Masonic Gallery if you are using DMS 2, and show in different pages "the category company news and Industry news".
Also you can use any plugin like "Special Recent Posts" for example.
  • Like 1

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

stackaruk... could they not fall into different categories? Then just have your separate 'blog' pages being in effect two separate 'category' pages. Or are you looking to import Industry news from somewhere else?

• Like 1

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

stackaruk    0
stackaruk

I could go the category route, thanks for the suggestions.

Cheers

batman    389
batman

No problem stackaruk

Thank you and I´m happy to help you.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

greenfly    230
greenfly

There is also a great third party section on our store that will do this for you - Filtering by @ellenmva http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/filtering/

Filter your posts or custom post types by category, tag or custom taxonomy. Works with DMS 1 and 2

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"