Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

abuzzelli

dms editor button problems in chrome

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

All of my dms edit buttons show up as squares instead of the little icons. They work, but I have to hover over them to make sure I'm clicking the right button. It's really irritating. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi abuzzelli - could we have a link to your site please? Also you will need to enable debug - Visual Editor > site settings > advanced 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Simon    247
Simon

your test site does not have any icons on it, it you could add one it might help us ;)

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

I'm not talking about the site itself, I'm talking about the dms editor. See screenshot's I attached for an example.

Simon    247
Simon

abuzzelli we cant see your editor as we are not logged in to your site ;) it uses the exact same icons tho, so if you just added an icon to a page, so we can see it erroring out, we might be able to tell you why. 

I can confirm looking at your screenshot that the icons are broken, thats about all we can do with a screenshot tho ;)

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

How do I get the same ones the dms editor uses? I can't copy and paste them and I can see other types of text symbols like the ones shown here:

http://text-symbols.com/

Simon    247
Simon

How do I get the same ones the dms editor uses? I can't copy and paste them and I can see other types of text symbols like the ones shown here:

http://text-symbols.com/

I have no idea what they are...

Add something simple like this to a post/page content

This is an icon test
<i class="icon icon-pagelines"></i>

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

Ok, that worked. I added it as a post and the icon is showing up as a square.

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

I viewed it in firefox and i see it's the pagelines leaf icon.

Simon    247
Simon

I can see it fine in chrome.

if you PM me an admin user/password i can check to see what i see in the editor.

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

Just PM'd you. Thanks for checking it out :)

Simon    247
Simon

Just PM'd you. Thanks for checking it out :)

Altho i was able to login, on the frontend all i see is a cached page. You are running some kind of server proxy cache?

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

Not that I know of.

Simon    247
Simon

something called apache traffic server, anyway when i log in and go to your front page it simply shows me a cached page, there is no way i can get to the editor.

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

Is there something I can do? I'd really like to get this issue worked out somehow.

Simon    247
Simon

Well, its probably related to your missing icons. 

Do you have a way to bypass it? Is your IP whitelisted or something?

Is it your server?

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

It's hosted on my godaddy account. I have the Ultimate Web Hosting Linux package. I can contact them to see what's going on. What should I ask or tell them?

Simon    247
Simon

Tell them when you are logged in to WordPress and view your site all you see is a cached page. Tell them you have a front end editor for WordPress but you cant use it because of their over enthusiastic caching.

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

So, I tried logging into the site's dms editor on another computer at my house and everything looks totally fine. Could it be my computer?

Simon    247
Simon

So, I tried logging into the site's dms editor on another computer at my house and everything looks totally fine. Could it be my computer?

Might be a chrome plugin you are using, did you try clearing browser cache?

abuzzelli+    4
abuzzelli

I got it working! I disabled all of my chrome extensions and unlinked my google account. That did the trick. Hooray! :D

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thank you for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Thanks,
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
      David
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?