Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vicdesotelle

Using boxes in features, quick sliders, carousels?

vicdesotelle

Is there any ways to use my 'boxes' info and pics inside features, quick sliders, or carousels without having to remake for each?

kind thx

vic

greenfly

hi there vicdesotelle

Please could you provide a link to your site and/or also more information about how you are pulling information into your boxes? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

How are you pulling information into your boxes (i can't see any on that page and not sure specifically which boxes you are referring to) ?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

vicdesotelle

i was just trying to evolve my site functionality using the information that i had already applied into 'boxes', just like the way features uses post categories, but instead for carousels and quicksliders using 'box' categories instead of 'post' categories. It cant be done right?

these pages use boxes by the way: 

http://shopeverythinggreen.com/resources-for-making-greener-choices/

http://shopeverythinggreen.com/online-green-stores/

later i will be creating product images (not webpage snapshots) and descriptions using 'boxes' and wanted to use them to make some features and sliders and carousels. 

hope this makes sense

vic

James B

By default as the data for these sections aren't saved as a custom post types you won't be able to call the data into another section like you can do with the post categories.

This plugin available on the store allows you to copy data between sections - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/plugins/copypasta/ however it doesn't state if it has to be the same section or if it copies from one section to a section of a different type. I've copied in the Developer @ wmdigital to see if he can advise further on this and whether it can assist you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B