DMS 2 Modal not working with child theme

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'm using a child theme on DMS 2 but it seems that modal shortcode doesn't work.

If I switch to DMS it work but I lost all customization I have made trough the child theme functions.php and style.less.

Any suggestion?

Best regards

Where are you inserting the shortcode? Link?

The modal shortcode should still work with the child theme active. Were you placing in the same section on both occasions? Some sections aren't designed to take shortcodes and will not process the code so this could be what you're experiencing. Best way to test would be to place the shortcode in the main post content of the page/post with the child theme active and test it there.

I'm using the shortcode in the content of a standard page.

And then simply switch from DMS to child theme activating them in the theme selection page of wordpress administration area.

Whats the child theme you're using, I'll try and replicate.

A custom one I've started with:

// Setup  -- Probably want to keep this stuff... 

* Hello and welcome to Base! First, lets load the PageLines core so we have access to the functions 
require_once( dirname(__FILE__) . '/setup.php' );

* --- This is some checking, and you should not have to touch this code (unless directed) ---
 * 3.4 compat added
 * Fix for php5.2

if ( function_exists( 'wp_get_theme' ) ) {
	$parent_folder = wp_get_theme( basename( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) )->get( 'Template' );		
} else {
	$theme_data = get_theme_data(STYLESHEETPATH . '/style.css');
	$parent_folder = $theme_data['Template'];
$init_file = WP_CONTENT_DIR .'/themes/' . $parent_folder . '/functions.php';

if ( file_exists( $init_file ) )
	require_once( $init_file );
	add_action( 'template_redirect', create_function( '', 'echo "<p>Unable to locate the main framework files! Make sure the parent theme folder is named correctly.</p>";' ) );

and style.css

Theme Name: Child theme
Theme URI:
Description: A child theme for DMS.
Version: 1.0
Author: Author
Author URI:
Tags: developer

Template: dms

The modal shortcode is working just fine with a child theme I created -

Therefore, its either related to something you have added to your child theme, a plugin or script/code you're using.

You can download my child theme here -