Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

Lost the ability to publish

Ryan Logan

I've lost the ability to Publish, on one page only.  Here are my troubleshooting steps.  I tested "Publishing" after each step.

1. Cleared Chrome browser cache
  2. DMS > Site Settings > Resets > Flush Caches
  3. DMS > Site Settings > Resets > Reset Current Page Settings
  4. Updated Chrome to the latest stable build
  5. Updated Chrome to the latest BETA build
  6. Disabled ALL plugins
  7. Rebooted

Troublesome Page:  www.accuritpresence.com/the-process

Ryan Logan

Update:  My title should have been "page corruption" ?

On the same page, I'm having trouble deleting elements when using the DMS Editor.  I'm hoping I don't have to start the page from scratch.

James B

Whats happening when you try to delete, do you get the pop up asking you to confirm or does the button just not function?

If the button gets pressed but nothing happens its likely a jquery issue but if you've already deactivated the plugins that would usually have been the cause. Do you have any errors showing in the chrome debug console when you try to delete?

Do you have any custom scripts/html or embed code in any of the section content on the page?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Ryan Logan

Hey James.  When I delete, I get the "Are you sure?" prompt and I say OK.  The item will show as being deleted, but when I click on Publish...it's like that button is dead.  Also, ALT+S doesn't work.

I just noticed that "Edit" is also unresponsive.

The only Custom Script I have is <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Reenie+Beanie' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Here is a screenshot of the error.

Thank you.

Danny

Can you enable DMS debug mode please and make sure all plugins are disabled ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Also, please email our helpdesk and provide the following:

A link to this topic so they have something to reference

A link to the site in question or page in question

Your Admin username and password

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ryan Logan

Done and info submitted.  Thanks Danny.

greenfly

Try pasting your Custom  CSS here in the validator _> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

Use the paste in by direct input option 

i did this and it returned some eroneous results but the following is not right and isn't parsing 

164 .custom-text-box-plan Property font-color doesn't exist : #FFFFFF

Just try color : #FFFFFFF

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Ryan Logan

This issue happened with Custom CSS that I had around for awhile.  In any case, I completely removed the Custom CSS contents and published...from a page that was not "broken". I have no active plugins and no Custom CSS, yet the issue persists.

Ryan Logan

For the sake of time, I'm just going to recreate the page from scratch.  Appreciate the help.

Danny

If you haven't already rebuilt the page, can you contact our helpdesk so our staff can take look ourselves please.

hello at pagelines dot com

Ryan Logan

Hey Danny.  I sent an email to the help desk on Friday, @ 8:25 AM, but I just couldn't wait any longer.  I'm all good.  Thanks.

Danny

So you have re-built the page ? If so, is everything OK and working as intended ? If that is indeed the case, can you think of anything that you may have done differently so we can see if we can recreate the issue please.

Ryan Logan
I recreated the page and the publishing issue has gone away. I believe I did all the troubleshooting steps I could (without) PL intervention. If I could suggest anything, it would be to create a page with 10 canvas areas and populate 8 of those areas with 2-column layouts. Fill each of those layouts with a media box in ine column and a text box in the other. In short, recreate the components of the page I mention in this thread. While the publishing issue is gone, this page crashes Chrome on a consistent basis.

Ryan Logan
I also forgot to turn debug mode off. Not sure if that has any impact on the crashing if Chrome.? Does debug mode add a lot if overhead or no?

Danny

So I recreated your page, I added a Canvas area, with the Two Columns section and inside there a MediaBox and TextBox sections. I then cloned the Canvas area 20 times, I never encountered any issue with the publish button.

Was there anything specific on the page, that you may have failed to mention ?

Ryan Logan
The only other thing I can think of is that I fixed the CSS issue, that Martin mentions in this thread, prior to recreating the page. Fixing that CSS issue while the page was already having publishing issues, didn't help.

In any case, as long as a corrupted page is still accessible for editing, recreating a page isn't the end of the world.

Danny

Its a weird issue that I have never encountered before. If it crops up again, please let us know ASAP and if possible, try and make notes of anything you did before the issue started.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?