Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Rule (line) above footer

sheilahoff

My client wants me to emulate several things about this site:http://www.leggiadro.com/lookbook/

For the rule above the footer I've added a custom-footer class to the text box in the footer and then tried this CSS:

.custom-footer {border-top: 1px solid #DDDDDD;}

which is what I got from the site above but it didn't work. I must be doing something wrong.

You can see my attempt on bottom of this dev page: http://sheila.wpstagecoach.com/stacey/

Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

greenfly

You have added the class the the text box section - alternativeoy, add a column or canvas area and then put the class in the custom class of there to add to the footer rather than then text box itself,. add the text box tot he canvas or column. 

Try a totally unique class name too 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

sheilahoff

Thanks Martin. I tried changing the custom class AND I tried your CSS and neither worked in custom CSS. So then I just added it as inline CSS and it worked. I had to make the section narrower and re-center it. But I've got it working now. I just have NO idea WHY the CSS that should've worked didn't. But you're likely right about it not going on the text box. Oh well. Thank you. I'm happy to have it handled.

Got any tips on implementing that fancy 3-d slideshow on the sample page? I've spent all day looking at plug-ins and none of them are like that. And I found the place to download the files for that one however I'm not a coder and it's not a plug-in. So I'm not sure if I'll be able to figure it out. I'll try.

greenfly

which 3d slideshow do you mean Sheila? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

GetMeWebDesign

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny

Unfortunately, implementing this isn't something we can provide support for, you will likely most likely need to create a section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thanks Danny...I realize that.

Thanks @GetMeWebDesign for the suggestions

I spent a lot of time exploring all those options. None are exactly like the example. I'm going to try to get the code for the example to work but if I can't I'll probably buy the middle one of those. The author is responsive and active with updates which is encouraging.

GetMeWebDesign

sheilahoff. I was impressed with teh look of the plugin. Very good on mobile from the example some nice features. Without purchasing it, it is hard to tell, but the author may be able to assist you in hiding the controls? When I get a moment I will have a play with BookBlock and see if I can ge it to work :startle:

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!