Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umar Adil

How to add breadcrumbs

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

How can I add breadcrumb to my site?

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Danny Can u please read my reply again? I have mentioned that I installed the plugin and could not find any sections for breadcrumb in my sections.

This is the worst support I have ever seen, I am loosing my days to get something work.

Please write me proper reply and try to fix my issue

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

There are two things you need to install.

The Breadcrumb NavXT plugin from WordPress and the Breadcrumb NavXT section in our Marketplace. Once both have been installed, you will see the following in your sections.

https://cloudup.com/cgfKf3qN4JM

All the section does on our marketplace is makes it so that the plugin can be used as a section via drag and drop.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Thanks for the nice reply, I am trying this out now

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

I have just this moment tried it myself and there doesn't seem to be any issue with the section, as far as I can see, it is working as intended. I apologise, but I assumed you already had both in, it wasn't until I re-read what you wrote in your previous posts, that I came to the conclusion you had only installed the section and not the plugin or vice versa.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

I had only installed the plugin not section.

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi Danny,

I have added DMS Breadcrumb section also and it appear in my sections list but I can't drag it, am I missing anything?

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

No, you should just be able to drag and drop it onto your template, I have no issue in adding it to my page/template. However, we can't really provide support for this section as it is not a DMS core section or one developed by DMS.

I have moved your topic to the correct forum and mentioned Jenny who developed the section.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Jenny I found that I could not drag this section to header area but could drag to body in template which is fine with me.

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Jenny    33
Jenny

Glad to hear it umar14 :)  Feel free to email me at jenny (at) simplemama (dot) com if you need further help.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi,

Today I updated my wordpress and all its plugins including the pagelines plugins. After the update my site breadcrumb is not visible. 

Breadcrumb NavXT  is active also Breadcrumb NavXT section in dms2 theme.

What is the issue here?

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

My Site is socrato.com

How do I update this section ?

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

• Similar Content

• nfp1900
      By nfp1900
      I've used the Nav XT before and it usually just works but with 5.1.1,  version 1.0 of the section and the latest DMS I can't get the homepage to show up. The settings are correct and "Place the home breadcrumb in the trail" is checked. 

If I adjust the parent page then all of those do show up OK. Any ideas?

If I inspect the element it's capturing the homepage but not displaying it: http://screencast.com/t/pLWVpwhgOaER

• dchetson
      By dchetson+
      There is a significant amount of padding in the breadcrumbs box of my site (www.chetson.com). I cannot figure out how to reduce the padding to just the height of the actual text. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • nfp1900
      By nfp1900
      I have used the DMS section on other sites but not with v2.x. The section doesn't appear on refresh or save. In fact it doesn't do anything. 

I only found some old posts from Nov 13 so is it just me...

Using it on this site
    • rmaxsg
      By rmaxsg
      By default DMS Breadcrumb NavXT  e.g Home > About 

May i know what is the CSS of changing > 

What if i want to replace > to a icon img 

i being search online for a while . and this is what i get  for Reference 

.arrow {
          color:transparent;
          background:url([[pix:theme|nav-arrow-right]]) no-repeat;     //nav-arrow-right is the image I copied into the pix folder to test this
          }

Thank you so much :) 
    • micheldv
      By micheldv
      Note : sorry for my English, I am french speaker (Belgium).

I would like to know why "Breadcrumb Navxt" section is not available in the "page templates" part ?

We can have a "Breadcrumb Navxt" in the header or in the "content area" but this last one is not appropriate in three cases : 
      (1) if the breadcrumb is too long
      (2) if we have section above the content area (exemple of the feature section above content section in the "page templates").
      (3) the content of the main page will be below of the height of the right-colomn (see in attachment)

I am really sad because I need a breadcrumb (submenu in my new website - ergonomical reason) but neither the header and content area are appropriate :s

Do you think you will fix this problem in a shortly upgrade ?

Thanks,

Michel