Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sethoof

RevSlider Video Sync

sethoof    3
sethoof

I have loaded a couple videos into my revslider, but I cannot get them to sync smoothly.  Rather than running the clip in full and then moving to the next slide and running the next video in full, I am getting a very jerky transition that repeats parts of the video and/or randomly selects part of the next video.  I have tried to sync the videos in terms of length and set the slide transition time to the common video length, but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.  

I have used this in the Slide Extra Options and am wondering if this might be causing the problem

<div class="caption rvslide-opt1 sft"  data-x="-20" data-y="30" data-speed="700" data-start="200" data-easing="easeOutBack">a global leader in the</div>

<div class="caption rvslide-opt1 sft"  data-x="-20" data-y="60" data-speed="700" data-start="200" data-easing="easeOutBack">prevention, screening & treatment of</div>

<div class="caption rvslide-opt2 lft"  data-x="-20" data-y="110" data-speed="500" data-start="500" data-easing="easeOutBack">CERVICAL CANCER</div>

<div class="caption lfl" data-x="650" data-y="400" data-speed="500" data-start="1900" data-easing="easeOutBack"><a href="cervical-cancer/"><button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-primary">Learn More</button></a><a href="donate/"> <button class="btn btn-large slider-btn btn-important btn-left"  link="donate/">Donate Now</button></a></div>

login flywheel
pw cidrz14

please delete from the post for security

Thanks in advance for any help!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

So you want the slide to move onto the next slide as the video is about to end ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

sethoof    3
sethoof

Exactly, that is what I was trying to do.  Is it possible or am I asking too much?

Danny    1,327
Danny

What have you set your Time Per Slide in Milliseconds (e.g. 12000) too ?

sethoof    3
sethoof

9400 - each video is 9.4 seconds long.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Well from viewing your site, thats too long, try 9000 or something else.

sethoof    3
sethoof

that worked a little better, but its still not fluid.  I think I am being a bit too ambitious.  I will have to adjust my usage so that if there is video in the revslider, there can only be one slide... thanks for your help! 

Danny    1,327
Danny

I think the best thing you can do is edit the video so that when it loops, it syncs perfectly, at the moment that white splash at the end is making it look a little odd. I think rather than editing the section, edit the video instead. Thats what our team did on the demo of DMS 2.

sethoof    3
sethoof

I put that in there because I had to upload a slide and I ended up uploading a blank white slide.  So you are saying to cut the white fade out and splah out of the video and then just put them back to back?  I can give that a try.  Any advice on what to use for the required slide?  Do I even need it (I think I took it out and it is black by default.  Thanks!

sethoof    3
sethoof

Ok I cut out the white, but am still having the same problem.  Just looked at the demo site and you guys have the bridge video bleeding into the stars video after the second run through.  I suppose this is just a limitation of the revslider.  With the right kind of video/transition its not noticable (liek for the dms2 demo).  But for what I am doing it wont work.  Will make adaptations accordingly. thanks for your help Danny!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Yeah I see what you mean, I no experience in editing videos, but I do believe removing the white splash and having it loop would be the best option. You should probably sign up to a video editing forum and see what they advise.

sethoof    3
sethoof

Yeah, I took the splash out. but even with timed videos and times transitions, it still has the skipping (even on the Pageline demo).  No problem though, DMS2 is almost perfect!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Let us know how you get on.

• Similar Content

• pehja
      By pehja+
      https://pehjaproduction.se/webbdesign/  Video is not showing up in Journey section. Why? I have entered this in the settings 

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • carl
      By carl+
      Trying to convert a site over to PL5 from DMS2. Can we use revslider? Can any portion of DMS2 be editable or imported through PL5?
      I'm trying to wrap my head around the new PL5 os, but things have changed so much it like learning a new software. I DO like the new UI! Great job.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • jennajonesdesign
      By jennajonesdesign+
      Hi Guys, 
      I just went live with this site. http://bikenet.org/
      I can see the video background in Firefox, Chrome and IE on my computer as well as my husband's computer and my phone. So I am not able to see any problem. 
      But, my client says she cannot see the video background in Chrome?? Any ideas? 
      Let me know. Thanks!

Jenna