Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

Added sections keep disspearing

motionltd

Dear all. I am having trouble adding sections all of a sudden. I am adding a full width column, then a text text and a picture box to the left of it. When I hit publish the image box just vanishes. I had not loaded an image yet, just wanted to create a layout first.

There are lots of sections on this page, is there a limit for how many sections one page can hold?

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

greenfly

Hi @motionltd 

Please enable debug in Site settings > advanced and provide a link to your site and we can take a look for you 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

motionltd

Hi Martin, thanks for looking at this. I have enabled debug and the URL is www.curiousartsfestival.com

Not sure whats happening but some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Hi Ben,

Is this something that has just recently starting happening, have you recently added a new plugins/scripts or custom code or updated any plugins ?

Would it be possible for you to record the issue with Jing please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

motionltd
Hi Danny, I did update all plugins but this did happen before that. When I built the page it was fine. I have now gone back to it and can't add any more sections. I will record the process and send it to you.
Cheers
Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Thanks a recording will certainly help us diagnose your issue.

motionltd

Hi Danny, here is a link to a screen recording. I can't add sections to the bottom of the page when cloning. But it seems I can clone a picture box in an existing section.

Let me know what you come up with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wkqu7bq810x32o/CAF.mov

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

Hi Danny, any luck with this? I am still having trouble with custom CSS not saving as well. I thought this was sorted in DMS2? It takes 3 or 4 goes of saving it before it sticks.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

I am not entirely sure what I am supposed to be seeing on that video, are you referring to the TextBox section disappearing. When I said record your issue, I meant a quick video showing us exactly the issue, from that video it just looks like you're cloning sections ?

Do you have section caching enabled in the DMS Pro Tools plugin ? If so, please disable it.

If that isn't the case, can you contact our helpdesk with the following:

* A link to this topic so they have a reference.

* A Link to the site in question

* Your admin username and password

* Make sure all plugins are disabled.

* Give them exact steps on how to recreate your issue on your site.

hello at pagelines dot com

motionltd

Hi Danny, it was exactly as you mention. I clone a section, publish and then that cloned section disappears. Thats my issue. How can I make it stick?

Also, section caching was not enabled.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Well I am not able to recreate your issue on any of my test sites. So that usually points to one of the following:

1. A plugin

2. A custom script or code you have added

3. Possibly section caching on DMS Pro Tools

4. Server configuration.

So if you can email our helpdesk with the information I mentioned above, they will be able to login and see the issue first hand and hopefully diagnose the cause.

motionltd

So there is not an issue with a page having many sections stacked up like this one?

http://curiousartsfestival.com/programme-2-2/

I wonder if this is related. I still get Custom CSS code wiped sometimes. And now sections get wiped too. Its infuriating and now losing me time and money.

Do I need to upgrade to WP 3.9?

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

I disabled all plugins and was able to manually put some image boxes in. They kept getting removed, eventually they stuck. The cloning was still not working with all plugins disabled. So not sure whats going on. I have now turned all the plugins back on and now can't see lots of content in DMS editor but it is there on the front end. 

This is so buggy it takes 4 times longer to do anything as I keep having to redo placements.

Is there a set of server settings that suit a DMS installation? I have to sort this ASAP as the client is pulling his hair out and I am at the mercy of this very temperamental system.

Please help!!!

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd

I stripped out all the CSS and tried again, still the same problem. I've now tried everything so it must be either:

1. My server (is there a set of settings I need to adhere to?)

2. A problem with having too many section on one page. Any ideas?

Ben

motionltd.com

greenfly

Can you create  us an admin logon and we can jump o n and take a look at your settings etc for you

please send the logon to hello @ Pagelines dot com along with a link to this topic 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

motionltd

Can you create  us an admin logon and we can jump o n and take a look at your settings etc for you

please send the logon to hello @ Pagelines dot com along with a link to this topic 

Hi Martin

Thanks a lot. I just emailed the details. Thanks for looking into it for me.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

greenfly

Errors in Custom code can lead to all kinds of problems. 

In your Custom code you have the following code that will not parse. 

.prog-padding {pl-section-pad: 0px;}

Pasting your CSS into the Validator on the link here is a good way to test your code http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

http://screencast.com/t/uvHsvEdpq1D

motionltd

Errors in Custom code can lead to all kinds of problems. 

In your Custom code you have the following code that will not parse. 

.prog-padding {pl-section-pad: 0px;}

Pasting your CSS into the Validator on the link here is a good way to test your code http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

http://screencast.com/t/uvHsvEdpq1D

Thanks Martin. I removed all the custom CSS then republished and the problem was still there (I have now put it all back in again so the site looks right). Would I need to do some cache flushing as well?

Are you sure theres not just a limit to the amount of sections one page can handle? Or is it server settings? Are there some server guidelines I could follow?

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Can you reply with the exact page that is having the issue, also do you give me permission to play about with that page i.e. moving sections etc.. so I can see the problem first hand. As I am not able to recreate sections missing on any of my sites.

jagipson

This is so buggy it takes 4 times longer to do anything as I keep having to redo

I have been having the exact issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motionltd

Can you reply with the exact page that is having the issue, also do you give me permission to play about with that page i.e. moving sections etc.. so I can see the problem first hand. As I am not able to recreate sections missing on any of my sites.

Hi Danny. I have backed it all up so yes, please have a poke around. This is the problem page: http://curiousartsfestival.com/programme-2-2/

Go to the bottom and try to clone a section. Then publish and refresh, it disappears.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

James B

Danny see admin notes

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Danny

Hmmm, I must say that is slightly odd. I am going to have to speak to one of our developer and ask them to take a look.

motionltd

Hmmm, I must say that is slightly odd. I am going to have to speak to one of our developer and ask them to take a look.

Ok great. Thanks Danny. It was fine when I built the page, seemed I could have gone on adding sections for ever. But when I came back to add more at a later date it all went pear shaped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon

Right ive been passed on to this to have a look..

So first can you confirm that everything is up to date, lastest DMS, latest wordpress, all plugins up to date and that the page in question actually exists ;) its a 404 for me.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?