Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rarpia

Bar in top of my menu

rarpia

I need to a bar in top of my menu to promote events throughout the site, just a simple linkable graphic with the X so that the bar could be close by the viewer, just like the bar on top of pagelines.com (see example below)

How can I achieve that?

Thanks!

[attachment=2156:barra.jpg]

greenfly

Hello @rapia

which version of DMS are you currently working with?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

rarpia

Latest version DMS 2.

Thanks!

rarpia

hi batman, that could work! Thanks for the tip!

It also takes img src html instead of text so I could put a graphic in combination with the button but I need it to be a bit taller (65px height). Any idea on where to change that?

Thanks!

greenfly

Some Custom CSS should help with this. If you add the section to your site we can advise further :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Simple enough to change the height - add this to your custom CSS - just change to required height

.pl-salebar {

height:30px;

}

Something i noticed in your site code wads you are using <font> - this has been deprecated and not supported in HTML 5 - more info on thi here http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_font.asp

rarpia

Thanks! Martin Davies

I have no idea how to get rid of the <font> tags or where to find them in my code :(

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks!

GetMeWebDesign

Martin Davies - why is that <font> etc appearing in his pagelines masterhead-button-text etc. Could a plug-in be overriding CSS?

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!