Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oksanasim

Pagination 404 error

oksanasim    0
oksanasim

Hi, I have a pagination issue that I need some help with. Inserted pagination at the end of my blog posts page and keep getting 404 error when clicking on "previous page" or "page 2" ( when using in conjunction with WP-pagenavi) 

I am running Wordpress 3.9 and a Free DMS theme. My reading settings are set to show 9 posts at most.

The link to the blog page is http://www.drinkteaandtravel.com/travel-diary 

Would appreciate any help to resolve this. 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

The link you gave me just gives a 404, can you disable all active plugins and provide a link to the page(s) in question please. Also, enable DMS debug mode ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny    1,327
Danny

You still have WP Super Cache active, we are unable to provide support to users who have cache plugins active. Also, you have as far as I can tell an issue where you have PageLines Framework styling on the NavBar even though you're using DMS ?

The cache plugin is likely the cause of your issue.

oksanasim    0
oksanasim

Hmmm, the cache plug-in was deactivated as well, so i'm not sure why it is showing as turned on. But to be sure i reactivated it and turned caching off, and then deactivated the plugin again. Hopefully that deactivated it now? Can you please check? This did not fix the 404 error. 

Also, I don't understand your other comment about Pagelines framework on the Navbar. Sorry, i'm fairly new to this, so still figuring my way out. Is there something i need to do to fix that? What would you recommend? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

It isn't showing as turned on, but your pages are still cache, you can see this by viewing your page source and looking at the bottom. However, it does appear as though you have now resolved this.

In regards to the Pagination issue, I don't believe this is DMS specific, but may be related to your site itself. To prove this, can you disable DMS as a the active theme and replace it with Twenty Fourteen or Twenty Thirteen please. When you have, see if the issue persists.

oksanasim    0
oksanasim

what happens to all the content that i created with DMS once I disable the theme? Will i lose it all if i switch to another theme and have to rebuild it upon reactivation? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Make a backup before hand just as a precaution. However, when you switch back to DMS, the content should still remain, but backup just incase.

Sergey L    0
Sergey L

Hi oksanasim, I see that you mamanged to fix your problem with pagination. What did you do for that, bacause I have the same issue?

Sergey L    0
Sergey L

As Danny advised I've disabled PlatformPro and Activate Twenty Twelve and pagination also doesn't works. It's mean the problem is not in PlatformPro, but may be you can advice where should I look for then.

Sergey L    0
Sergey L

All plugins was deactivated - it doen't help.

• Similar Content

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hi,
      I've added the Post/Page pagination section to the bottom of the blog category page on the dev site here (see screenshot): http://dianef.sandboxes.online/category/intention-and-invention-blog/ but it is giving me the message "Post/Page Pagination is hidden or returned no output", and when viewing the page in another browser, I see nothing.
      Does anyone have an idea why this might be?

Your help is much appreciated in advance.

Thank you,
      Perry

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hi, I wonder how I can edit the function pl_pagination in  function.php located plugins > pl-platform > engine > lib without editing the core-file, that will be overwritten from time to time.
      When I place the same code in my function.php located in my child theme, it just gets error.
      What the practice here, to edit that function, I want to replace for ex. "Next Entries" and the arrow to something else.
      This is what the original code looks like:
      /** * * Pagination Function * * @package PageLines Platform 5 * @subpackage Functions Library * @since 5 * * Single posts need to use next_post_link() * Archives can use next_posts_link() * */ function pl_pagination() { if ( function_exists( 'wp_pagenavi' ) ) : wp_pagenavi(); else : ?> <ul class="pl-pager page-nav-default fix"> <?php if( is_single() && ! is_page() ) { printf( '<li class="previous previous-entries">%s</li>', get_previous_post_link( '%link' ) ); printf( '<li class="next next-entries">%s</li>', get_next_post_link( '%link' ) ); } else { printf( '<li class="previous previous-entries">%s</li>', get_previous_posts_link( __( '&larr; Föregående','pl-platform' ) ) ); printf( '<li class="next next-entries">%s</li>', get_next_posts_link( __( 'Nästa &rarr;','pl-platform' ) ) ); } ?> </ul> <?php endif; } // As a callback with nav args associated function pl_menu_callback( $args ) { pl_menu_fallback( $args['menu_class'] ); } function pl_menu_fallback( $class = '', $limit = 5 ) { $pages_out = pl_page_list( $limit ); printf( '<ul class="%s">%s</ul>', $class, $pages_out ); } function get_pl_nav_default( $args ) { $limit = ( isset( $args['limit'] ) ) ? $args['limit'] : 6; $pages_out = pl_page_list( $limit ); return sprintf( '<ul class="%s">%s</ul>', $args['menu_class'], $pages_out ); }  
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there, does PowerLoop work with the pagelines page / post pagination section?
      All I want to display a grid of 2 columns of posts using PowerLoop and add in pagination after say 10 posts - is this possible?  I've added the page/ posts pagination section and it says 'returned no output'. As a test Powerloop is set to show 3 posts - which it does but there are no page links to see the remaining posts - there are several more than 3.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • Particle
      By Particle
      There doesn't seem to be any pagination on the DMS Framework theme blog, or perhaps I'm missing something simple.

I thought there may be an issue with the site I'm working on, but then I checked the demo site here and there is no pagination (http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/blog/). Maybe that's just all the posts there are.

On my site, however, there are many more posts than are being displayed. Is there a way to turn on pagination that I'm missing?

Wordpress 4.2
      Pagelines DMS Version: 2.1.9.3

Any suggestions for me? Thanks!
    • rpacker
      By rpacker
      I just realized that on my individual blog post pages, the pagination is not showing up. it used to indicate the previous and next "name" of the blog post. I am not sure when this happened but any ideas? It's definitely activiated.

Here is the most recent post:
      http://www.randallpacker.com/strategically-wrong/

Thank you!