Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Navi float left?

sheilahoff

Am I missing something? It appears that the default navi is set to float right and that there is NO tick mark to change it in the section interface?  I'm fine with pasting in some simple CSS like this: .section-navi .navi-right {float: left;} which makes it left. But REALLY????? Shouldn't there be a way to choose left, right or center? Am I just missing it?

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

batman

HI sheilahoff

Please, you can give a try to this

.crackbar .navline.pull-right {
    float: left;
    position: relative;
}

I use your  Hoffman Graphics site to apply the CSS rules

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

sheilahoff

It's a site I'm just starting today at http://dev.hoffmangraphics.com/ and it is not using CrackBar, it's using the built in Navi. I already placed the custom CSS. My post was simply asking if there's a way in the interface to choose float left. It seems odd to me to require custom CSS on a wysiwyg framework!

PS: while you're looking....I can see NO setting for why the page headline is animated either!

batman

Hi again

Now I understand you, sorry, I'm lost too, this is very strange.

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

Danny

The Navi sections menu is aligned right, and there is no option to align the menu left, if you want to do this, you will need to use custom CSS. If you do not want to use custom CSS, then use the NavBar instead, this sections navigation is left by default and there is an option to align it to the right.

In regards to your other question for the Page header, please create a new topic. Also DMS isn't a WYSIWYG framework.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Sorry Danny...you're right not WYSIWYG rather drag n drop. Whatever. I have a hard time understanding why we even HAVE two navbar options, never mind what's unique about each. I'd rather see one versatile nav bar than two limited ones. But I can deal with it. Just seems odd to me is all.

Danny

They're only limited from your perspective, many users have no issue with the way the sections function. The issue users had with NavBar was the way that parent items act as an anchor when they have sub menus, this has been addressed with Navi by the way it handles them and with mega menu capability.

If you want a navigation that offers tons of options, then I highly recommend the UberMenu plugin, which has a free section on the store.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?