Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dhrose

Galleries and Sliders to lightbox preview...

dhrose

I did my old site in Pagelines Framework so I decided to redo everything in DMS 2.0...  Seems like the built-in galleries and sliders used to have a click to lightbox function? Is there no lightbox function in any built-in modules currently? I have Nick Haskins spaceboxes which has a lightbox function but that is practically impossible to get a simple grid with. So if I want to have this in any of the modules, media block, carousel, and gallery I have to insert shortcodes into the content?...

Thanks! 

dhrose

...what I'm trying to do is have a carousel or slider when clicking the images go to a lightbox? and also a grid of images 4 across and 4 down with a click to lightbox. I've tried doing this with media boxes but no lightbox. Does this require css?

The DMS sliders and galleries won't do a lightbox, and the responsive lightbox plugin, with a wp gallery shows thumbnails, and I can't seem to get it to show 1 item at a time (large), then when clicking on that image go to a lightbox...  I need a simple grid of images when clicked display a lightbox. It seems like this should be easy and maybe it is, but maybe I missed the code for this or shortcodes or whatever.

Help!   

GetMeWebDesign

No idea whether this conflicts with DMS, but way back with frame work this was a great plug in http://wordpress.org/plugins/lightbox-plus/

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

dhrose

I'm a little surprised I'm not getting a reply on this. Is this too much of a newb question as I'm obviously not a "developer" I'm simply someone who purchased Pageline framework a few years back to try and offer some wordpress "design" help if I was asked to as a graphic designer. I don't develop websites for a living although I do a lot of other graphic design work and inevitably some customizing of templates in wordpress with frameworks I can figure out... namely, Genesis and Pagelines. I realize you can't tell me how to build a website from wordpress, and I'm not asking that. CSS tips, or "look here" advice is fine with me as I usually figure stuff out somehow. But, my using DMS or Genesis or Headway comes down to being able to get help... within reason and reasonably quick. Since all support these days is through forums regrettably, we (me) are at the mercy of the support folks, taking pity on us lost souls desperately navigating the treacherous waters of wordpress...

From Framework to DMS 2.0 I've been down this road and as things keep changing, and features come and go I keep getting new features added and losing some I expected. The more I know, the more I'm reminded I don't know as far as coding and structure. I honestly have to jump around a lot between print, e-learning, web and inetractive and I can't remember half of this from month to month. So...

I have sliders and galleries in DMS now but no lightbox. I can download lightbox plugins but how do I connect the lightbox to the DMS blocks? I'm sure this is a matter of adding some code but I can't exactly remember whether it's shortcodes that will do the trick or I have to add the lightbox info to the html. 

Can I get a witness!

Danny

Hi,

I am not entirely sure why you would want to have a lightbox/fancybox effect on a slider ? Sliders are supposed to link to content not use lightbox ?

I can understand why you would want to have this effect on a gallery, so use a Lightbox plugin or a gallery plugin. If you use this plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/lightbox-plus/

This plugin works with WordPress galleries, and it also includes a class you can add to your own images.

Also not sure what you mean by this "Since all support these days is through forums regrettably, we (me) are at the mercy of the support folks", PageLines support hasn't changed in the last three years ? Technical support has always only been provided in the support forums and no where else.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dhrose

Er, what I meant was I couldn't get anyone to respond to my posts lately… but it seems you did and I wasn't notified which is weird?

But regardless, if I put 15 images in a slider/carousel, I prefer if the users click on one image that they don't go to a link (in a new window) to the actual file. Rather to a lighbox where they can view all of them outside of the page itself.

My problem is all the light boxes seem to use the wordpress gallery but there is no way to specify the amount of images, thumbnail size etc. in the gallery. Meta slider it seems used to go to a lightbox when you click on the image, but I'm getting the image in a window. Can't get any response from those people either. 

I guess adding the rel=lightbox i.d. to the link activates the lighbox? So thanks for the reply, I'll check that one out…   

GetMeWebDesign

dhrose Lightbox-plus will do pretty well anything you want it to

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

dhrose

O.K. I loaded lightbox-plus

Created a gallery in the media library and Added it to a page...

I need to know how to:

1. Control the amount of images showing... 

2. activate the lighbox effect... (which isn't working) 

What am I missing here...

dhrose

O.K.  this must be a really dumb question. Is it possible I've been using these things for 2-3 years but never activated one from a plugin in WP? I must be confused about the gallery in wp. the lightbox always worked in galleries I used in the past. Even meta slider worked, but I can't get it to show the lightbox either… Grrrrrr!

greenfly

Hi - sorry if i am misunderstanding here but WP does not have any built-in lightbox functionality = all light box effects are adding through third party plugins. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

dhrose

Arrghhh... I have a lightbox plugin. I create a wp-gallery. I put the shortcode for the gallery in the post content.... how would I link to the lightbox plugin effect (I loaded) when clicking on the gallery items. I got a crazy idea to add a lightbox effect to some of the sliders and or galleries in DMS, and discovered it ain't possible which started me on this quest. Geez... Was there ever a lightbox effect in Framework sliders or carousels?

I give up... you'll be happy to know. 

greenfly

I give up... you'll be happy to know. 

why give up?we're not happy about that at all :/

Most lightbox plugins i have used do not require a shortcode. Fancybox for example just loads the image with links to filles in a lightbox window. So long as there is a link to a file it should work no problem. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

GetMeWebDesign

dhrose"]. I understand your frustration as there is little or no doc on how to achieve a gallery from a single image etc. (@[member="Martin Davies LPB works fine, it is just that by default it loads all images on page into a lightbox gallery and so the images must be enter to that page/post, whereas he wants one object to open up a lightbox gallery. Sure that most lightbox plugins have a [shortcode]  as that is how they reference the styling CSS???)

With Lightbox plus colorbox plugin settings, check "Use secondary lightbox". I have also checked "Output valid HTML 5" (dont know if you need to)

In secondary Lightbox settings, you are going to need to fiddle to get your desired "look" of the lightbox, but to avoid your gallery lightbox picking up other images on that post/page (normally the lightbox takes the page/post id ie data-lightboxplus="lightbox[123]"), you need to use the secondary class name (default lpb_secondary)

I have pasted some example code to the paste bin. You will notice I have  lightbox[test]. If you have multiple galleries, just make sure you label them seperately, otherwise they will pull all images associated with lightbox[test], for instance, whether on that page or not.

Final note. If you do not make different setting for the secondary, it will inherit from the primary... had my slideshow at 500... yeah, right!

Edit... if using in DMS live Editor, you need to be pasting the html into your mediabox or ideally PL NextBox, if you have one

Also does not Lbp does not seem to interfere with Poptumbs section either

dhrose

In frustration, I ended up purchasing a responsive slider w/lightbox plugin for $17. and it does exactly what I want albeit without much options (and at an extra cost)… Surprisingly, it also works in DMS 2.0 which I was prepared to find out it didn't... as I purchased a plugin from Nick Haskins, for this – which broke 2.0 and he replied: his plugins work with wordpress but not necessarily with Pagelines (every time they change their product!) He did refund my purchase, but I sort of forgot he was "disconnected" with Pagelines?  

I'll admit I'm no programmer and have a basic knowledge of css and html, but with these frameworks I've manage to build some stuff in Wordpress. With a little (lot) help… I've invested what "I" consider a lot of money in Pagelines products to the point that Im trying to make it work, regardless of the pain. Still, I'd much rather be taught how to fish, than be handed a fish to eat. Which is why I keep on trying to sort this stuff out…

Thanks for your help… I will test this out!     

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?