Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Navi Mobile Menu - Add Text with Icon

jmad

How would I add the word "menu" next to the mobile menu icon?

greenfly

Hello jmad

I would add the content to a hook. use actionscript to determine the hook to add this to.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad

hmmm.  okay.  I thought maybe there was a simpler way to just replace the mobile icon with text or add text too it.  Is action script part of DMS?

jmad

Or I could just use NavBar instead of Navi and apply the same custom CSS (especially since I had already done this before DMS2).   Geez...sometimes I just need to get out of my own way.  

Thanks.

Danny

To add the word Menu to the Navi section isn't a simple task actually, as I am not sure if there is a hook (haven't looked), but you can't make this change by creating a child section of Navi either. This is because the icon is coming from a core file and not from the section.php file. I will make a note of this and see if we can get it included an a option for all navigation sections.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

That would be cool.