Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tiltcreative

Is there a section like Mediabox that allows you to pull in the featured image from that post?

tiltcreative

I would like to put my featured images in a specific place - I can do that with media box and then have my text come in in the content section.

However, this means that all of my pages would have the same image and I'd have to change them all in the front end, and then if the template got changed or something they may default back again.

Is there code I can use to have it pull the featured image from that page and put it into the media box?

It would be great to have a sections that pull different parts of the content into different places, so you could get the featured image in one place, the text in another and the title in another, and also be able to turn them on and off as needed. Then you could use that same template for all of your pages but they would be different.

I know this can probably be accomplished using php. But I don't know it yet.

Maybe there is an easier way to do this but I just haven't figured it out.

thanks!

ellenmva

tiltcreative I've done that on the Indie Farmer site on the single post pages. I like the ability to be able to pull post thumbnail, post meta and post content into different parts of the template.

Let me see if I can put a quick section together that will make it easy for you to put the featured image anywhere on your template. That would be a start anyway.

Or, maybe support has an easy way to put it into a text box...

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

jmad

@ellenmva 

If you are talking about the posts on the home page I'd also be interested in that as a section.  I'd love to see more ways to display posts keep popping up in the store.

Jason

ellenmva

jmad There is a developer working on a post loop like the one on the home page with the hover effect. I was thinking of playing around with some custom loops though so hopefully something soon on the store.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

jmad

Ellen,

Good to know.  I really like this site!  Which cookie notice plugin did you use?  And if you don't mind sharing how did you setup the photos on the blog pages?  Fun logo by the way.

Jason

ellenmva

jmad Here is the Cookie Notice, very simple plugin which is nice.

For the post gallery I used Advanced Custom Fields Gallery Plugin. However, you could do something similar with the [gallery] shortcode native to WordPress. Just upload photos to your post, then on the single template add the [gallery] shortcode with your options to a Text Box and position it on your page. I also paginated the gallery images (12 per page) and then added the infinite scroll to load as the user scrolls down.

I may put together a plugin to use the native WordPress gallery -- make it a separate meta box under post content in wp-admin and then on the front end template have it as a separate section with some options.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

tiltcreative

ellenmva - If you make it I will buy it! Thanks!

ellenmva

Let me see what I can put together in the next couple of days. Might do something basic and offer it free and then look at putting a plugin together with a section for each part of a post, i.e. featured image, post meta, post content and gallery with more options and put that on the store.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

ellenmva

tiltcreative Install as a plugin, activate then reload section in the DMS Add New Sections Tab. There are just a few options to help you get the sizing right. Let me know if that works.

DMS Featured Image 

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

jmad

Ellen,

How about offering some menu sections.  I'd buy menu sections that just offered a different layout  (popped to left), no search even without many options, I'd love to see a section that functioned like the menu in Flatten theme (I realize it's not your product) http://dms.tmeister.net/flatten/  not necessarily all the colors and animation.

tiltcreative

Wow Ellen, you rock!  I will give this a try. Thank you so much!

tiltcreative

This works great so far!  The only problem I have now is that now that I've added a featured image into the page, it is now showing up in your featured image section, as well as showing up right beside it in the wpcontent section. Is there an easy way I can turn off the thumbnail in the content section? 

Again thanks so much, this is great to have - I like all the choices you've added into it.  It would be great if PL would add a 'turn off featured image' checkbox into the wpcontent section.

batman

Hi

Please, you can try add this CSS rules

.pl-new-loop .hentry .metamedia {
    display: none;}

I agree with you 
"It would be great if PL would add a 'turn off featured image' checkbox into the wpcontent section"

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

tiltcreative

Thank you!

ellenmva
Hi all,

Sorry been sick this week. Let me see if I can make it so the content loop doesn't show the featured image. I had the old loop that has the option to turn off the featured image when I did this...

I'll look at it this weekend.

Ellen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?