Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

evscicats

What is the recommended method for doing custom CSS on multisites?

evscicats    14
evscicats

I have a multisite running DMS1 and I'm looking to upgrade to DMS2 soon.  I currently use the Pagelines Customize Plugin for my different sites' styles.   I don't see any mention of this plugin being used with DMS2 by users in the forum or any info about a different method for styling multisites using FTP.  

I have a couple questions.

1. Does the Pagelines Customize Plugin still work for DMS2 in a multisite situation?

2. Is there a way to do it with Danny's child theme?  If yes, what is the folder structure for the different sites?  It would be great to have one less plugin running.

3. Or is there a new, better way?  (besides using the </> Custom panel)

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

1. The PageLines Customizer should work with DMS 2.x.

2. I don't use Multisite personally. However, as far as I know, you can not edit theme files in Multisite as its pretty much a security flaw if this was allowed and will need to use a plugin.

3. You can use either the Custom panel in DMS/Child theme or use a plugin such as Jetpacks custom CSS, which as far as I am aware works with MS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

evscicats    14
evscicats

Thanks Danny for getting back to me.  I'm glad you think that the Customizer should still work, but what if it doesn't?  Does Pagelines still support it?  

Danny    1,327
Danny

Although, I haven't tested it, it is just a plugin, so it should work to my knowledge. If it doesn't which would surprise me, you can try this one (untested) - http://wordpress.org/plugins/my-custom-css/

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a multisite installation and had some questions regarding the themeing options. All the sites will have the same structure but each individual site would need a different h1 font and link color. I had originally thought that I would program/edit the parent theme to have a certain set of templates, font sizes, etc. and then that would feed to all the individual sites where I could activate the child theme and use the child theme to define the individual sites' specific link color, heading fonts, etc. So, what I was shooting for was:
      Parent theme = shared by all sites
      Child theme = specific to the minor customizations on a per site basis.
      Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding how these would actually deploy to the different sites?
    • Jonathan Eugster
      By Jonathan Eugster+
      I have a grandfathered dev account and am unable to activate subsites on my multisite network.
      Tried disconnecting and reconnecting account. Only main site is shown as activated.
      Since pro activation has been off and on for subsites I added code to hide the pagelines watermark (bottom left image/link). Could that be flagging the account not to activate or something?
      Network is on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, is there a port that needs to be open for authentication?
      TY
    • claudedagenais
      By claudedagenais+
      Hi, I'm looking to make the move to multisite with MultilingualPress instead of using WPML.
      I was able to configure Wordpress to work in multisite mode, to get MultilingualPress to work and have pages in both language that I want. I can make changes to my primary language pages in Pagelines, but in the secondary pages (other language), any changes I make are not saved. When I click on save it looks as it is saving but as soon as I reload the page all changes are gone.
      So am I missing something that I should do to get Pagelines to work in multisite mode? I get that PageLines Platform 5 need to be activated in network mode, I've tried to activate the other plugins & themes in network and individually on the sites.
      Tx

• Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi.
      I have multisite installation: www.udf.org.br (master) and Mapping Domain plugin to work with different domains: www.deusprovedor.org.br, www.fenolar.org.br and www.penselaranja.org.br.
      In the other domains inside multisite, Pagelines files has been blocket by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy.
      I use domain name in wp-admin ex.: www.deusprovedor.org.br/wp-admin (not www.udf.org.br/deusprovedor/wp-admin).
      Any ideias how i fix this?

Regards.
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date