Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timjay

DMS breaks, clashes with too many plugins?

timjay

I've been wanting to upgrade from Framework to DMS. However I have 30 mostly necessary plugins for my site and when I installed DMS, the site automatically crashed with a fatal error.

I deactivated all plugins and started from scratch, re-activating them one by one. But here's the problem:

As I went through each plugin one by one the site would work until I got to Wordpress SEO by Yoast. I believe this created the fatal error.

After deactivating this plugin, things worked fine, so I continued down the list until the Welcome page and actual DMS portion of DMS stopped showing. When I refreshed my site, all I got was a general layout (just links and images--no design or DMS) of my site, without the DMS dashboard or welcome screen.

I went back and deactivated the last several plugins and still the same problem. I went back even farther, past the point of when it was working and still, the same problem. I then deactivated all plugins again and it worked, but the same problem happened again and again at  different points  through the process of activating each plugin one by one.

I continued this cycle at least three or four times before giving up on DMS and switching back to Framework. I have no idea what the problem is. I use Buddypress and heard it causes problems with DMS so I deactivated that one and Wordpress SEO and then everything worked again until I tried to continue down the list and experienced the  same problem.

I gave up, which is unfortunate because I was excited to use this much hyped system. Plus Wordpress SEO and Buddypress are two of the most important plugins for my site so not using them is not possible....

Is this a known issue and are there any major plugins--other than Buddypress--known to clash with DMS?

Simon
Exactly what was the error produced?

If it was just a white page you can enable error messages by editing wp-config.php and settings WP_DEBUG to true

timjay

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 76546048) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) .../wp-includes/class.wp-dependencies.php on line 179

Simon
Well thats 73 megabytes, WordPress should never need that much to work. Maybe one of the plugins has a memory leak.

timjay

Is there a way to tell which one?

greenfly

could you provide us with a link to your site please?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

timjay

I installed TPC! Memory Usage plugin and tracked how much memory each plugin added. Buddypress and BBpress add the most. But they work fine with most themes except DMS and Framework. I had to increase server memory for Framework to work. I don't want to do that with DMS.

Can you guys try to make DMS Buddypress compatible? Or are there any compatible social networking alternatives?

Danny

DMS is BuddyPress/bbPress compatible.

How many plugins do you have installed ? Can you provide a link to the site in question and enable Debug mode please which can be found in Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced in PageLines Framework.

Please search our forums, before posting!