Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8216az7373

Alert Box Color

8216az7373

Site: Scottsdalescott.com (home page toward bottom)

Issue: Alert Box colors

Im trying to get the alert box color to be gray with black text. I have tried using the type="default" and type="inverse" but the results are the same - a yellow box.

1) why is the color not changing based upon the type="default" code? (info, success, warning, and error all work), but "default" and "inverse" give me the color associated with "warning."

2) Is there a larger list of color choices beyond the ones above?

If alert is not the way to go here… Im looking for an alternative to a nice box with text in it where I can change the text and box colors.

Thank you, Scott

greenfly

You can essentially use any color combination you like by adding a small piece of simple code. 

.alert {
  background-color:xxxx;  
  color:xxxx;
}

I you place the alert in a section and give the section a custom class you can style individual boxes like this 

.customclass .alert {  
background-color:xxxx;  
  color:xxxx;
}

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

8216az7373

Im working in Wordpress with limited knowledge of Html coding. So, I work mostly in the Wordpress page window. doesn't the code you suggest have to go in the custom area of the site? This is where I get lost.

greenfly

Once you realise the basics you will be customising in no time. 

The guide is here http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/overriding-default-css

let us know if you have any questions :)

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"