Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andersdn11

Safari acting up. all other browsers work fine

Andersdn11    0
Andersdn11

Hi guys! 

I am using: 2.0.3 DMS2.
Site: dahlenborgdesign.dk

I have placed a container with an image module inside. All this is placed in front of a full width background. 

In order to move the image down a bit i have just made the image taller with a transparent background. 

The problem is that in safari on my mac the image is showing up below the full screen background. 
And just to put a curl on this problem, when you resize the browser, it jumps backs in view!! 

How can i make it display properly cross browsers?

Best regards

Anders Nielsen

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Andersdn11

have you managed to resolve this? The site looks the same in chrome and safari.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Andersdn11    0
Andersdn11

no, but maybe its just my browser acting up?

record5.gif

greenfly    230
greenfly

\how big is your screen?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Andersdn11    0
Andersdn11

Sorry for the late reply. Im on a 15 inch macbook pro.

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, I can't see what is causing this. However, why do you not simply add those logos to the background image ? That's what I would do.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Andersdn11    0
Andersdn11

Well then i don't get that nice fade-in effect which gives attention to the logo and tagline. 

Can you recall the same error on your mac or am i the only one getting it ? 

Danny    1,327
Danny

I get the same issue. However, I can't even debug it, as soon as I load up the inspection tools in Safari the image goes into the position it's supposed to.

Therefore, can you send me the images please so I can try this on one of my test sites.

danny at pagelines dot com

Also, you're using the MediaBox section for the logo/branding image correct ?

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, this isn't really a browser issue from what I can see. For me, you should incorporate both images and merge them into one, that is the only way you can do this so it works effectively on all browsers/devices.

The problem is that you have a large space at the top of your image which is likely the cause and Safari doesn't like it. If I'm totally honest, I'm surprised it's working correctly in FF and Chrome.

So to make it work suitably on all devices/browses, merging the images into one is the best alternative, I can give you.

timtimhungerfordcom+    0
timtimhungerfordcom

Do you have any other solution...I am having the same issue and need this resolved ASAP.  The answer giving above is really not an option for what I need.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Well the issue isn't really an issue, it just the way the user had his images. If you want to resolve this you will need to use CSS for the Safari browser specially. You can do this by using the DMS Pro Tools Browser specific CSS option and then prefix the CSS with the safari class.

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • lbhansen
      By lbhansen+
      I am slowly getting closer to something I like for the general appearance of my site. What's currently nagging me is trying to remove the top and bottom padding/margin from the image in the header. It seems that I've done what I want with the menu but there was dead space above the image and between the image and menu.
      Trying out padding and margin settings, I got something that came close to what I want but saw odd behavior along the way. Changing either the top or bottom padding to 0 (from blank), removed all padding from the top and sides but left a small band between the image and menu.
      Setting all eight padding and margin settings to 0 removed all except the band between image and menu. (But it seems that entering 0 in only the top or bottom padding option is all that was needed.)
      So, heading into the twilight zone, I changed the bottom margin to -1. That removed the band but allowed the menu to slightly overlap the image. AND, narrowing the browser, or viewing on a phone, caused the band to reappear.
      Perhaps there's also a problem with the menu but I don't see it.
      So that's where it stands at the moment: http://756.a44.myftpupload.com 
      I seems to me that if there is a default padding value, setting it to 0 should be all that's needed to get the two sections to meet perfectly on any device/browser width.
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello There, 
      I am working with Platform 5 and have run into an unnerving problem. I am trying to position my clients picture along the bottom of the container, so that it sits right on the bottom. After a good hour of googling and messing with the CSS I figured I would ask the question here. Below is my screenshot displaying my problem. I will need to do this frequently in the future. 
      My Problem Image
      Unlike in DMS, when I add a margin to an embed or image box it simply makes the container larger while keeping the padding, I cannot have any padding or any space whatsoever on the bottom of my clients image.  Is there a way to remove all padding from the container so I can have this work across screen sizes? If not is there anyway to position an element directly at the bottom of another element in Platform 5? This seems like a basic feature and was easily attainable within DMS. 
      I cannot create an image combining all these elements as it will not scale well on mobile and will make my clients logo unreadable and her face incredibly small. 

Thank you for any help,
      Perry
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features