Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andersdn11

Safari acting up. all other browsers work fine

Andersdn11

Hi guys! 

I am using: 2.0.3 DMS2.
Site: dahlenborgdesign.dk

I have placed a container with an image module inside. All this is placed in front of a full width background. 

In order to move the image down a bit i have just made the image taller with a transparent background. 

The problem is that in safari on my mac the image is showing up below the full screen background. 
And just to put a curl on this problem, when you resize the browser, it jumps backs in view!! 

How can i make it display properly cross browsers?

Best regards

Anders Nielsen

greenfly

Hello Andersdn11

have you managed to resolve this? The site looks the same in chrome and safari.

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Andersdn11

no, but maybe its just my browser acting up?

record5.gif

greenfly

\how big is your screen?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Andersdn11

Sorry for the late reply. Im on a 15 inch macbook pro.

Danny

OK, I can't see what is causing this. However, why do you not simply add those logos to the background image ? That's what I would do.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Andersdn11

Well then i don't get that nice fade-in effect which gives attention to the logo and tagline. 

Can you recall the same error on your mac or am i the only one getting it ? 

Danny

I get the same issue. However, I can't even debug it, as soon as I load up the inspection tools in Safari the image goes into the position it's supposed to.

Therefore, can you send me the images please so I can try this on one of my test sites.

danny at pagelines dot com

Also, you're using the MediaBox section for the logo/branding image correct ?

Danny

OK, this isn't really a browser issue from what I can see. For me, you should incorporate both images and merge them into one, that is the only way you can do this so it works effectively on all browsers/devices.

The problem is that you have a large space at the top of your image which is likely the cause and Safari doesn't like it. If I'm totally honest, I'm surprised it's working correctly in FF and Chrome.

So to make it work suitably on all devices/browses, merging the images into one is the best alternative, I can give you.

timtimhungerfordcom

Do you have any other solution...I am having the same issue and need this resolved ASAP.  The answer giving above is really not an option for what I need.

Danny

Well the issue isn't really an issue, it just the way the user had his images. If you want to resolve this you will need to use CSS for the Safari browser specially. You can do this by using the DMS Pro Tools Browser specific CSS option and then prefix the CSS with the safari class.

• Similar Content

• Kedark
      By Kedark+
      Hello,
      I apologize for the trivial question, but I can not deal with it. How do I turn off the display of a distinctive image on the page? (I have to add it because I use plugins that use it), but as I display the page, I do not want it to be visible (and appears above the subject.).
      Probably a cliché but I can not deal with it. Therefore, a request for help.
      Regards
      RKA
    • mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I have added a Lax section on the footer of this site: http://www.ics-law.org.php72-38.lan3-1.websitetestlink.com/ but the background image is not displaying. When I first add the image it appears in the background, but then after saving and reloading it is gone even though the thumbnail indicates it's still there. Screenshot attached.
      Any suggestions?

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      I'm trying to add a Careers page to a site to display job openings. The plan is to create a Post using a subcategory 'Careers' and then display those on the page. All of the post sections in PL seem to include images and there's no obvious way to remove them or include an excerpt from the post. 
      Any suggestions?
    • chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley