Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renadelp

How to remove image (with caption - description) border?

renadelp    0
renadelp

Hello all, how to remove the border from an image with its caption, when posted inside a blog article?

Here you can see it in this image.

1z6tsty.png

Thanks much for support and help!

Site url: www . purseandco . com

Image example url: www . purseandco . com /2014/03/sandali-2014/

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello renadelp

Can we have a link to this on your site please so we can see your particular setup?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

renadelp    0
renadelp

Hello renadelp

Can we have a link to this on your site please so we can see your particular setup?

Sure Martin, here you are: www . purseandco . com /2014/03/sandali-2014/

Thanks much!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi @renadelp 

You can remove the elements with a few lines of Custom CSS as follows 

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text {
  display:none;
  }

.wp-caption {
  background-color:transparent;
  border:none;
  }

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

renadelp    0
renadelp

Hi @renadelp 

You can remove the elements with a few lines of Custom CSS as follows 

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text {
  display:none;
  }

.wp-caption {
  background-color:transparent;
  border:none;
  }

Thanks much Sir, 

second part of code works smoothly (I desiderd only the image border, not the caption).

Thanks again! :)

greenfly    230
greenfly

No Problem at all - Glad that worked :) 

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm trying to make a visible border around the entirety of a client's site.  Example on some other site here:
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/movement

So it is around the Title, Menu, and Content Area.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with this on pagelines, using the Framework theme. It's slightly more complex because the site has a "landing page" that doesn't need the border. Much like this homepage
      http://www.makeyourvisionreal.com/

Right now I'm using a content width of 80%, and fullscreen.  But maybe thats not the best way to do it.  

So, with the #site id, I can hit the whole area on most of the site, but I'm not sure how I can remove it for just one page.
      #site { border:1px solid #ccc; margin: 100px 5% 5% 50px; } anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe I need to go make a child template, not sure?  Thanks!
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate