Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pehja

Explorer 8

pehja

I am aware that this browser is not the best on the market. However a lot of employees at large companies still uses it. The downside for me is that the fixed navbar aren't compatible with that browser.

Is there a workaround for that.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

greenfly

Could you describe the issue you are with fixed nav please? Also could we have a link to a site you are seeing this as a problem on?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

pehja

Rob, I guess you can pick any site of your choice running DMS 1.1.8 but look at this http://grandhoteljonkoping.se from a explorer 8 browser. 

The problem is that the navbar breaks. And therefore useless to anyone visiting the site.

Thanks

Pehja Production.png

Danny

You will need to either provide a recording or screenshots of the issue, most of our staff use Mac and have do not have access to Windows XP for IE8.

Please search our forums, before posting!

pehja

Never mind Danny! I thought perhaps this was a known issue for Pagelines since you have developed the product.

I do not use IE 8 and I thought perhaps that you used every browser available to secure a stable product. And if IE 8 is not covered, so be it.

I have explained to my customer that they have ta advise visitors to use either Crome, Firefox or IE 9

or I will have to build their site with another platform or use a different menu. The options are many without

a fix for this

Thanks!

Pehja Production.png

Danny

I am a member of the support team, I am not a developer.

That is why I am asking you for screenshots, as far as I am aware, DMS works with IE8. The DMS Pro Tools plugins contains fixes and scripts that improve IE8 compatibility. So the navigation should work. If it isn't, then I will need a recording of the issue or screenshots to see what you're seeing, as I do not have access to IE8.

Also, don't advise your customers to use out dated browsers such as IE9, tell them to use the most up to date and stable version.

So if you can provide a recoding (use Jing) or screenshots, we can take a look at the problem.

pehja

Ok I will try to provide one. And No I don´t advise anyone to use IE9 (or PC for that matter) but as far as I know that one works. And when it comes to large companies, they often have policys that don't allow people to use or download what they want. So if a person is stuck with IE8 I will have to make it work for them to. 

I will get back once I have the shot!

Pehja Production.png

Danny

Do you have DMS Pro Tools active ?

Can you enable debug mode on the site.

pehja

Yes I have. And when I look, the first option "Enable CSS classes" i shouts out in read WARNING "You appear to have the OLD Browser plugin activated. please deactivate it. But when I check comparability it say 100% green on all accounts.

Pehja Production.png

Danny

That warning is because you're using the old Browser CSS plugin, this is no longer needed as it is now built into DMS Pro Tools. So disable that plugin and enable the option in DMS Pro Tools, which will no longer give you a warning. Then see if your IE8 compatibility is better.

You should also, always disable all plugins when you encounter an issue, you have a ton of plugins installed and activated. You need to also remove Google Fonts as this is included in DMS Pro Tools and also disable PageLines sections plugin, this has never been needed in DMS, not sure why you have it installed and activated.

You are also using Nicks base theme, just renamed. Nick is no longer supporting his PageLines products. Therefore, you will probably want to stop using that Base theme, if you make the switch to DMS 2.x and use my super basic child theme.

https://github.com/Dannyholt/Skeleton