Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Umar Adil

Sub menu is hidden under slider

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi,

My Sub Menu drop down is under the slider which hides my sub menu options. Please check on http://dev2.socrato.com/

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Have you added any custom CSS at all ? As when I test this on my test site running a vanilla WordPress and PageLines, I am unable to replicate it.

To resolve your issue add the following:

#site ul.sub-menu.dropdown-menu {
z-index: 1555;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Thanks Danny this css fix resolved my issue. I have not added any custom css at all except the custom css from DMS editor as

.socialinks-wrap .sl-links {
  float: none;
  text-align: center;
}

#site ul.sub-menu.dropdown-menu {
  z-index: 1555;

}

You have the user and pass of my site please check if I have added anything which caused this navigation issue.

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi Danny,

I also want my navigation to be in same way as you have in 2nd image (Navi). They should be in tabs and not as drop downs.

I have latest version of WP and DMS2, How can I change the drop down navigation to the tabbed one like you have in image 2?

Regards,

Umar

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

I am not sure what you mean by tabs, I didn't understand in your topic about this either. Those aren't tabs, those are drop downs, which you can see here - http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/

Hover over the More Pages menu item, its just a mega menu.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

I have used the revSlider in place of quick slider and same issue repeats. My menu drop down is hidden under the rev slider. How to fix this?

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

You must have some custom CSS which is effecting the drop downs on your site or something caused by a plugin, as whatever section I add be it the QuickSlider or the RevSlider, I am unable to recreate your drop down menu issue.

https://cloudup.com/cSnEkphXhIR

Therefore, you will need to disable all active plugins and remove any custom scripts or CSS you have added, as that is the likely cause.

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

Hi Danny,

This is not the solution to my issue, you always suggesting disabling the plugins or removing the custom css. I cannot remove the custom css as my whole is site is almost done and I have added a lot of custom css. Deactivating any plugin is not the permanent solution to resolves the issue. If disabling the plugin resolves the issue, does not mean I will keep that plugin disabled. You have user and pass of my site, please login and have a look.

Thanks

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

greenfly    230
greenfly

Disabling Plugins and removing custom code are the first steps at finding the issue with any problem. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Umar Adil    2
Umar Adil

The issue was something else which I fixed myself after spending a lot. I did not uninstall any plugin not removed any custom css.

--

Regards,

Umar Adil

Danny    1,327
Danny

I am unable to recreate your issue on my fresh installation of WordPress and PageLines DMS, I have used both the Navi and NavBar section with drop down menus along with RevSlider, Flipper, Quick Carousel and Quick Slider. Every time, my drop down menu appears above those sections. Therefore, your issue with drop down menus appearing underneath these sections has to be related to either a plugin or custom CSS/LESS you have added.

If you refuse to remove your custom CSS, then we're unable to provide any further assistance. As the issue is likely caused by your code, especially as I am unable to recreate it. Our support staff are not here to diagnose users issues created by third party plugins, custom code or scripts. We ask all users to disable all active plugins, remove all custom code/CSS/LESS they have added to make sure this isn't a bug in DMS.

If we are unable to recreate an issue the most likely cause is 99% of the time generated by third party plugins. If a user encounters a cosmetic issues, 99% of the time this is usually generated by custom CSS.

So, the issue with your drop down menus as far as I am concerned at this moment in time, is related to your custom CSS. However, we are unable to provide any further assistance, as you have refused to remove it.

• Like 1

• Similar Content

• Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.

• vanessabt
      By vanessabt+
      Hi Developers, I wasn’t sure what the best way to get feedback was but didn’t really want to put this in the facebook group, I did put this in the slack developers group but trying to figure out the fastest way to get feedback.  I am starting a new site for a client and was looking through the showcase to see if there were any samples for slider modifications like I am trying to do for our build and couldn’t find them.  Basically I want to have a blue section at the bottom of each slide that has text in it.  The text will change with each slide along with the image.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how this modification could be made?  Here is a sample of the slider from the design.

• paoloimperiale
      By paoloimperiale+
      Hi, 
      I was wondering if there's a way to modify the slider container size? My client would like it skinner- not as tall. How would you suggest doing that?
      Thank you.
      (this is for the paoloimperiale.com slider on the homepage) 
    • crose
      By crose+
      Hi,
      I am using the Canvas Area section at the top of my site. I have a video playing in the background, which works really well on desktop. But on mobile video doesn't play without user interaction, so I have a static image in place as an alternate image. However when viewed on a mobile device there is now a play button over the static image that does nothing. This didn't use to happen so I imaging it is due to an upgrade. But this is really bad UX. Is there a way to remove it?
      Here is the site:
      http://gator4088.hostgator.com/~asif/
      Thanks in advance.
      Chuck
    • jacobtippett
      By jacobtippett+
      Hi,
      I am trying to get the background image of the Revslider to be clickable and redirect to a link.
      Does anyone know how this is possible?